chapter 1- Nothing goes unnoticed

My friend, Bernie was sweating out of his clothes and was on the verge of tears, nervous. I was a bit nervous too. Judge Julie had just came out and sat down. She furiously looked at Bernie, which caused goosebumps to form up his neck. I let out a slight chuckle, knowing that Bernie was overreacting.  "Is something funny?" Asked Judge Julie.  "No, your honor." I wanted to say something else, but I couldn't. There was silence until the judge said something. "Let's cut to the chase. Bernie Lockhart is being accused of the murder of 18 different victims. His lawyer is with  him. What do you have to say for yourself Mr. Lockhart?" Bernie wanted me to speak first on his behalf. "I'd like for my lawyer to speak first on my behalf." Judge Julie nodded. I stood up, and said, " Bernie Lockhart is innocent. He was with my wife the date and time that the murders happened. I can show you the proof. May I approach, your honor?" Judge Julie agreed and I showed everyone pictures of bernie and my wife, kissing. Everyone gasped, especially Bernie. He gave me a surprised look while I gave him a smug smile. Judge Julie ruled Bernie to be innocent and dismissed everyone. As we were walking out of the court room, Bernie stopped me. "How did you get those pictures?" He asked. "Nothing goes unnoticed" I said while walking out with a smirk.