Chapter Thirteen

Elain wasn’t able to see anything, it was too dark. She wouldn’t be able to see her hand, if she held it right in front of her face. After what she had said to her sister, she didn’t exactly want to call out to her sister, or Rhysand. She didn’t want to deal with that aftermath at all. But how would she be able to find her way anywhere.

Elain tried to take a step forward, but didn’t realize she had walked into someone.

Stumbling back a step, Elain cautiously composed herself, before nodding. “I’m sorry, I did not mean to walk into like that. My mind must have been somewhere else.”

“Would you like help miss?” Elain heard a mans voice- a malesvoice. Elain didn’t know if she would get used to that. The different way fae addressed others.

“I’m, I’m fine. I just need to get to my sisters.” She said, looking upwards, hoping she was looking in the direction of his face.

“The High Lady Feyre? Everyone here in Velaris is aware of where the River House is. Allow me to assist you, as it seems you are having a difficult time seeing at the moment.” The males voice said, coming from her side now. Knowing how these offers went, and from the sound of his voice now at her side, Elain knew his arm was offered to her, and it would be seen as impolite to turn his offer down.

Elain didn’t know the male though, but also did not want to call on her sister for help. So with a short internal battle, and fear that others may be watching her, she reached out a hand to accept the males help.

*** ***

Elain had been walking with the males assistance for a short while, when she noticed that slowly, there was warmth coming back. She had been freezing. But there’s now warmth. Not a lot, but there is some.she was also beginning to see, not clearly, but she was slowly able to see again through her right eye. Her left eye was still nothing but darkness.

As vision was slowly coming back to her right eye, Elain found herself looking around, confused, as she wasn’t anywhere near her sisters house, she didn’t know where she was.

The male who was leading her must have noticed she was starting to see, because he had picked up his pace, ever so slightly. Realizing this, Elain looked up to the Male, to vaguely see the male had red hair, and eyes to match Luciens. But this wasn’t Lucien. There was no reaction within her soul. It also wasn’t the favoured of Luciens cruel brothers. But if this was one of Lucien’s other brothers then—

Her blood ran cold, and Elain stopped walking.the sight in her right eye back, as she stood there, refusing to move.

“Where are you taking me?” She asked, looking towards the male, as she was able to pick out more and more similarities, between him and Lucien. The cheekbones in their height, and the way their shoulders sat. The legs were the same, but this male stood shorter, with more muscle. He had mahout messy hair. Elain found she much preferred the way Lucien looked to his brother.

Pulling her arm free, she took a step back, before asking again, trying to sound more forceful and demanding. “Where are you taking me? This certainly isn’t the way to my sisters house.”

“Yeah, you figured that out really fast I guess. I need answers. My brother wont give them. I need his mate, to… entice him to give them to me.”

And with that, Elain saw the unknown male reach out, causing Elain to take a step back, into someone else, who had grabbed hold of her. Lucien’s brother grabbed the arm of the unknown male from behind her, and she felt the unpleasant feeling of being winnowed away.

Next thing she knew, she was being shoved into a cell. She could see another cell across from her own, where Lucien lie, unconscious. Breathing, but unconscious, and clearly he had been injured.

She still couldn’t see out of her left eye, and all heat was leaving her again, as she sat there, staring at the male her soul was tied too, lying there, probably unknowing that she was even here now as well.