Chapter 4

•••

•••

"Did I tell you Peter snuck into Oscorp?" Gwen told Ella as they eat lunch in the cafeteria. The Cadogan girl widened her eyes at the words.

"What?" She exclaimed.

"Yeah," Gwen laughed. "I was leading a tour for visitors and he was there under the name of "Rodrigo Guevara","

"But what was he doing here?"

"I don't really know," Gwen shrugged. "He told me he loved science. He disappeared in the middle of the tour so I had to make him leave,"

"Maybe he has always dreamed to work for Oscorp who knows?" Ella chuckled. "Or to work for Dr. Connors,"

"Well, one thing for sure, he was not here for the tour," Gwen said as took a bite of her dish. "How was your date with him, though?"

"It wasn't a date," Ella blushed. Gwen snorted, not believing it. "It was good though,"

"Good?" Gwen repeated, expecting more.

"Yeah, I mean, I asked him to teach me how to photograph so that's what he did," Ella tried to appear nonchalant but the blush on her cheeks said otherwise. "We talked too. I think we got along well,"

"Great!" Gwen cheered. "Now spend more time with him and you'll end up with him,"

"Gwen!" Ella exclaimed, nudging her friends who just laughed.

The bell rang just after so the two girls had to speed up to class.

The day was boring as usual. Ella did not enjoy spending days in the facility to study things she had no interest in. As she already knew what she wanted to do with her life, the school became something really bothersome. She would rather expand her skills as a reporter than learn math and or do tracks. So that is why she improved her article for the school journal by photographing the football team. The shots were not Peter Parker level but it was enough for the journal.

Megan even granted Ella the title of a photographer of the news club alongside Cooper. It would be easier for the club now. Plus, when she would be decent enough, she could even sell her photos to the Bugle with her article. And Jameson would see how good of her reporter she was and possibly offer her an internship at the Bugle. Betty was already on her side, trying to get Jameson to hire her. Ella was very grateful to her.

Betty and Ella met at the Bugle, a year prior. Ella was a freshman at the time and she wanted to have a real taste of the job of a reporter. She had, since middle school and before, been writing a lot for the school journal or for fun. Her mom would explain to her every there was to know about media and journalism. So when she got into high school, Ella wanted to try it for real. So when she saw that the Bugle was accepting articles from independent journalists, Ella gave it a try.

She wrote a very comprehensive article about a new project Oscorp was working on. She got Gwen to help her and thanks to her friend, she even interviewed Dr. Connors. But when Ella met Jameson for the first time, he laughed at Ella. He then that a child could be Professor enough, or that her article wouldn't be good enough. And no matter how much Ella would tell him otherwise, Jameson would not believe her.