Feral

The following days were met with lots of growth pains. Warren was very slowly beginning to heal. The Legion members did what they could to help Warren heal faster, but it would take some time, even with the help of alchemy, to get him well enough to introduce a prosthetic.

Meanwhile, Eli seemed to be growing restless. Skinner got what little information he could out of the giant, before moving on to the more important mission. Learning from the other giants.

Eli's eyes studied all the refugee humans from a distance hungrily. It had been a while since he had any real food. And recovering from his recent injuries from the cave giant wasn't helping. All he could think about was grabbing one of those tasty human refugees and swallowing them down. He hated how hungry he felt. And he was still stuck in camo.

He was almost relieved once the familiar red headed Collector approached.

"We're ready for you to be of use," Skinner said.
"Does that mean I'll fucking finally get that antidote?" Eli grunted impatiently,
"Once you're a safe distance away from us, yes."
"Thank the fucking stars," the giant groaned.
Skinner cocked his head to look sideways at the giant. "Don't appear so relieved. We haven't even discussed your mission yet."
"Then spill."

Skinner sighed and motioned for the giant to follow. Eli was brought into the biology classroom again, which was being used as the UL command headquarters at this point. Hunters were commonly seen entering and leaving that room for briefings, bringing in weapons and such. They were using Olivia's skills with alchemy to help arm the hunters for future missions.

The classroom was full of several other hunters once Eli entered. They seemed to be discussing things and arguing. Some of them fell silent once Eli entered, glaring at him with a mix of wariness and distaste.

"What is that doing here?" One of the hunters spat.

Eli felt Skinner's hand grip Eli's shoulder. "This is Eli of the Arawn clan. He has agreed to be our spy."

The room suddenly went into an uproar.

"You can't be serious, Tyler!"
"This is too risky!"
"There's too many ways this can go wrong!"
"That thing can't be trusted! He's just going to report back to the giants and they'll come back here for an all-you-can-eat buffet!"

"Shut UP tinies, will ya!" Eli shouted.

"You can't tell us what to do." A hunter hissed.

"Maybe not." Eli grunted. "I don't like ya humans, but I hate the other giants more. Their plan is stupid. It fucks up everything that kept my kind alive for centuries. If humans are wiped out, that'll throw the wood giants onto the bottom of the food chain. Believe me. I don't give a rats ass about their plan. I want the world to be simple, not all fuckin' chaotic and shit. If that means I'll have to sell out the other giants, well screw them,"

"You expect us to believe that bullshit?" East narrowed his eyes.

Eli rolled his eyes with a huff. "Ya can believe whatever ya want. But if you want a human's word for it, fine. I got four who would vouch for me."

"Bullshit."

"They're right here, too." Eli said. "You can just ask 'em. Olivia Heartstrong, and Warren, Rebeka, and Liss Pace. I ain't arguing with ya more beyond that, 'cause y'all would rather simplify me to be something that thinks with my stomach more than my noggin."

East scowled, not seeming to buy it.

"Annnd, let's steer ourselves back on topic." Skinner spoke again. "East, fetch the Arwen's references."

East opened his mouth indignantly, before clenching his jaw with a scowl and stormed off.

"In the meantime, you're here to be briefed on our mission. Riley?"