𝒊𝒊𝒊. war and peace

CHAPTER THREE: WAR AND PEACE !

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Ramona arrived back at the room and Dr. Reid was still in the same place he was laying in. He had a book in his hand and his friend, the other agent from a day prior that Ramona remembered as Agent Morgan, was sitting in a chair next to his bed, eating a cup of Jell-O.

"Sorry for the holdup." Ramona apologizes as she walks in. "Oh, it's fine." Dr. Reid assures. Ramona nods and takes notice of the other man in the room.

"Oh, this is Agent Morgan, my partner." Reid introduces and Ramona looks at the man. "We've met. I remember you, Dr. Greene." Ramona goes out to shake his hand and reminds him of who she is. "Pleasure, ma'am." Agent Morgan shakes her hand. Ramona grabs Dr. Reid's chart and takes a look at his vitals. She noticed the book that's in his hands. A book Agent Morgan probably brought in for him.

      "War and Peace, huh?" Ramona starts up conversation to avoid awkwardness and Reid looks down at his book she spoke of. "You heard of it?" He asks, assuming that maybe she hasn't read it.

       "Heard of it? I've read it over 312 times. And I'm not exaggerating. Something about Leo Tolstoy's work is just abstract. Have you ever read it in the original Russian?" Ramona questions, catching Reid off guard. "Y-Yes, I, uh, I have." Reid answers, ignoring Morgan's glance up to the woman and him and a mischievous smirk forming on his face.

    "You know, the first half of the book was written and named "1805". During the writing of the second half, he read widely and acknowledged Schopenhauer as one of his main inspirations. Tolstoy wrote in—" Ramona notices that she's still going on and on about this book and looks at the agent and shakes her head. "Sorry, I'm rambling." She apologizes. "I don't mind." Reid tells as he shakes his head.

    Morgan takes notice of this interaction and decides to leave the two alone and stands. "I'm, uh, I'm gonna go get some more Jell-O." Ramona doesn't notice but Morgan raised his eyebrows at Reid as he walks out. "Can you get me some more?" Reid asks but Morgan didn't seem to hear him.

    "Okay, your chart here says that you had a good first night here and if you keep that up, you'll be able to be out of here by tomorrow." Ramona smiles and Reid nods, a bit of disappointment filling him up. The girl seemed interesting enough if she rambled about books and facts just like he did and she seemed to know facts before he finished them up. "That's good." Reid answered, hiding the disappointment.

    "Yeah, you'll be back to your job in no time," Ramona added. "Guaranteed you'll be on crutches for about six weeks but you'll be back to work in no time." Before the awkwardness filled the void, Ramona began to speak again. "So, your first time reading War and Peace? How do you like it?"