BATTLE OF GINZA PT-2

Chapter 2 : Battle of Ginza Pt. 2

Note: Well here is the new and improved chapter, hope it lives up to its expectations

Co-author's note: Sheesh, this took me nearly 2 hours to edit, paaiiiiiin for good old me, but it was funnnnn. Btw guys I would be known as Aestas Vivax, no longer Danny on writing platforms. You can still call me Danny in chats.

—--------------------[+]--------------------------------

May 5th, 2024

Ginza, Tokyo, Japan

"So they know how to fight," Adeland muttered to himself.

The expedition started rather smoothly, better than the veteran general could hope for. This world's inhabitants could not provide any meaningful resistance to the Imperial army as they marched into the city virtually unopposed. The army has also started constructing a camp at the gate to make it a staging area for further incursion.

Large glass towers touching the heavens, metal self moving constructs, moving pictures and many more marvelous instruments no one had ever seen. These people were wealthy and highly skilled, but they lacked the mettle of a warrior. Running away for their lives as soon as his army began their attack. Many Noble officers predicted the enemy city would be under Germania control by the end of the day.

But how wrong they were.

Men in blue matching garments and armed with repeating pistols engaged his advance guard, inflicting losses to the unsuspecting advance guard units before being overwhelmed quickly by the cavalry. These men were now designated as the city's town watch or militia meant for law and order and were not well armed.

As they moved further into the city, the resistance stiffened. The city's defenders, surprised during the initial attack, regrouped and resisted his army's advance at various locations; the resistance of these men was fierce but ineffective in holding the might of Germania.

But it did not take long when one of his scouts came upon a strong enemy stronghold. Under Captain Melard, they sent a detachment to take over the structure. Melard's men were repulsed twice, taking heavy losses from the defenders who, dressed in black and armed with some sort of advanced repeating muskets.

Frustrated, an armored troll is used to break through the first barricade but when moving on to the second the defenders used some kind of sorcery deploying some kind of poison cloud making the men sick and the troll going berserk which had to be put down immediately by the battle mages. Any attempt to attack the second barricade fails until the artillery blasts them. Still, the defenders fought to the end, inflicting heavy losses to his men.

He was now certain that taking this city would not be an easy task, but not an impossible one. The battle to take the stronghold also revealed that the enemy, though it had advanced weapons, lacked any form of artillery and relied on sorcery to slow his army. His army chased after them as they led them to a massive fortress in the city. It also appears to be well defended, the commander of the detachment Lord Marcel decided to surround the fortress and probe its defenses while the heavy bombards are being transported to his location to support his attack.

While the other two commanders keep on advancing to the other parts of the city to protect his flanks.

It was then one of the Noble officers arrived at his tent. The young man was smiling as he approached the general and bowed before him.

"Milord, we have taken another enemy stronghold," He said proudly as he presented a flag to the general.

"We have also captured its colours." It was a tricolour flag, saffron, white and green with a small blue wheel in the center.