Chap 7

Lord Leopold: (bows) your majesty.

Queen Amy: Leopold!

(Leopold takes Amy's hands and kisses the back of them)

Queen Amy: thank you so much for coming!

Lord Leopold: it's good to be back in Aldovia.

Queen Amy: and Aldovia's delighted to have you back.

(Amy and Leopold star walking up the staircase)

Lord Leopard: I understand the situation is critical.

Queen Amy: Noah, and all of us, are very anxious to hear what advice you have to give.

~~~~

(Noah and Dixie walk through the corridors together)

King Noah: cancelled? So I'm not only failing my nation, I'm also failing my sister.

Dixie: No one thinks that. We'll figure it out.

King Noah: the minister today were in panic, mostly for their own positions. I need people around me I can trust. Like Mother, Lord Leopold, and most of all, you.

Chase: (walks behind them) King Noah, I was hoping for a moment of your time.

King Noah: Moments are in short supply, Chase

Chase: I understand. I just wanted to thank you again for taking me back into the fold.

King Noah: that's putting it a bit generously, isn't it?

Chase: perhaps, but I'd like to do something to repay you. Both...I may have a solution to Aldovia's financial crisis.

(Noah and Dixie roll their eyes but continue to listen and walk)

Chase: there's this new crypto-currency I've been researching. By investing just a fraction of what you've sunk-

King Noah: (rolls his eyes again) I should've known this was about getting your hands on the kingdom's money.

(Chase's smile drops)

Chase: Noah, Cousin, no. It's just as I say, I want to help!

(Noah chuckles)

Chase: I have a degree in economics from Oxford.

Dixie: (scrunches her face up) you do?

(They stop outside a door)

King Noah: which he hardly worked for, which he squandered ever since.

Chase: all I'm asking is that you hear me out. I have a sound plan...give me a chance to redeem myself.

(Noah and Dixie head into the room before shutting the door on Chase's face)

~~~~

Lord Leopold: Noah, My boy, three words for you. Stay the course.

King Noah: Even in light or everything that's happened?

Lord Leopold: we put into action what your father dreamed of doing for the last years of his reign. May he rest in peace.

(Amy looks up at the portrait of her late husband Tim)

King Noah: but the situation has changed so vastly since then. Are there really no adjustments you'd consider?

Lord Leopold: Patience. This kind of long-term investment in roads, hospitals, schools...it's good business.

Queen Amy: just as I've been saying.

Dixie: I beg your pardon. Lord Leopold, May I?

Lord Leopold: yes, of course, my dear.

Dixie: if all the infrastructure projects are happening in Aldovia through Aldovian companies, how can the country be losing so much money? Did you think that perhaps we should consider taking some proactive steps to find out?

Lord Leopold: absolutely we should, and will. A thorough review begins tomorrow.

(Everyone smiles at each other)

~~~~

King Noah: to Lord Leopold! May the holidays shine that much brighter now that he's here.

(They raise their glasses)

Queen Amy: Lord Leopold!

Lord Leopold: To King Noah and the beautiful, Charming Ms. Dixie.

(Everyone clinks their glasses together)

Lord Leopold: you are as blessed as your father, sir, to have such a wise queen at your side.

(Noah and Dixie smile at each other)

Lord Leopold: I had heard so many wonderful things about you, yet somehow you seem to exceed every expectation.

Marc: does the same thing to me. And I've known her all her life.

(Leopold and Marc laugh)

Marc: Hey, I like this guys. Has a good sense of humor.

Louis: indeed he does, sir.

(Louis pours wine in Marc's glass)

Chase; I trust your meeting went well?

Queen Amy: Not sure this is the time or place, Chase.

Chase: I beg your pardon, your majesty. I love our country and was merely curious to know how lord Leopold accounts for the inverse returns on our new Aldovia initiatives.

King Noah: ignore my cousin, Lord Leopold.

Lord Leopold: No, not at all. He'll be a good practice for you, sir.

King Noah: how so?

Lord Leopold: well, as king, you'll find everyone has their own agenda. Keep a watchful eye on those who try to lead you astray.

Chase: I take offence to that.

Princess Haley: I take offence to you.

Queen Amy: Haley.

Dixie: I think what Lord Leopold has to say is very true.

Lord Leopold: I have no doubt that Aldovia's future is secure.

King Noah: (chuckles) thank you, sir. I do believe our fortunes are about to change.

Marc: Ohhh.

(Noah walks over to the window and opens the curtains a bit)

Queen Amy: (smiles) it's snowing!

King Noah: (looks at Dixie then looks outside again) Fresh snow at Christmas is an Aldovian sign of a good fortune.

Lord Leopold: a signal from your father, no doubt, that all will be well in the kingdom.

Queen Amy: indeed

Princess Haley: in time to save my Christmas play tomorrow?

King Noah: (walks towards his little sister and bends down in front of her wheelchair) I'll do my best. The strike will end. And if you don't do your play this year, I'll make sure it happens next year.

(Haley looks down to her lap with sad eyes)

Dixie: (walks to Louis) Mr. Zebala?

Louis: yes, miss?

Dixie: would I be able to ask you a favour? It's a pretty big favour.

Louis: Of Course, Miss.

(Dixie whispers something into Louis' ear)

Louis: (smiles) I would be honoured.

(Dixie smiles and Louis walks away)

~~~~
Authors note:
Hey besties, I'm sorry that these books weren't finished before Christmas. I just wanted to spend time with my family and friends, I also go back to school on January 5th so I'll probably be quite inactive sadly but imma try my best.
I love you!!
Word Count: 1006