5: Mind

Honey's POV.

He pocketed his hands and pressed his lips. "Sometimes, I do feel sorry for him."

"So what happened to him?" 

He smiled and I flushed. "It's a long story. I might tell you some other time."

The attendant behind the counter smiled and slightly waved at me. "Have a nice day, ma'am."

I smiled at her and left the shoe store. I stopped before the road and brought out my Samsung. I wanted to call an uber.

"You brought your car?" The man, my savior, asked.

I turned to him and shook my head. "No, I want to order for an uber."

He looked ahead of him and pointed at a shiny black Bugatti La Voiture Noire which was parked at the garage of the shoe store. "That's my car over there. If you don't mind, I can give you a ride."

My jaw dropped as I stared at the car. It was one of the most expensive cars in the world! This man must be fifthly rich if he owned that car. 

"...you don't mind, do you."

"What?" I asked. I was so mesmerized with the beauty of the car that I didn't hear what he said. 

He frowned and pocketed his hands. He must really hate repeating himself. "I asked if you want a ride." 

I wondered why he was in a bad mood. Did I say something wrong? 

"No, don't bother. I'm okay." I didn't want to disturb him any more so I turned down his offer and looked at my phone to order an uber. 

He looked displeased with my refusal, but he nodded and turned to leave. "Alright, take care of yourself."

I smiled. "Thank you."

I looked at him and watched him walk toward his car. Gosh, I still can't wrap it into my tiny head that that car actually belongs to him. He must be very rich!

The door of the store creaked and someone walked out of it. I turned and saw my mysterious stalker walking toward me. His face was still hidden behind a face cap and mask. Outside of the store wasn't as gloomy as the inside of the store so I noticed a skull-like symbol on his neck which was similar to the symbol on his nose mask. 

I flinched and dashed to meet my savior who was about to enter his car. He sat down on the driver seat and looked up. He frowned. It seemed like he was getting irritated with my disturbance. 

I bit my lip and looked at the entrance of the store. I cleared my throat and tried to act unbothered. "I'm… I need a ride."

He scoffed. "You said you will call an uber."

I nodded. Yeah, he was right, but then I didn't know that the stalker was still watching me! I went to the other side of his car, opened it and sat beside him.

I shrugged and looked at the side mirror to check if my stalker was following me. "I changed my mind."

He smirked. I actually wasn't aware I had just stepped into the lion's den. The lion was secretly waiting in the dark, but I went into the darkness like a lost sheep. 

"Alright, I will give you a ride." He said and drove out of the garage.