Depths

1 WEEK LATER

~~~~~~Gia POV~~~~~~

"Can you fetch me a water bottle while you're in the kitchen, Gia?" Jacob's mother asked me. I wrapped a noodle around my chopsticks and ate it before heading into the fridge. The door swung open and the cold air breezed into my face, causing me to shiver.

My mom, Jacob's mom and I were all in the living room, eating chinese food while Jacob, my dad and his dad were all in the back yard chopping up wood.

" Can we turn on the heat?" I yelled as I grasped the water bottle from the refridgerator. As I closed the door a sharp pain. The water bottle fell to the floor creating a loud thud as I held onto my stomach.

I breathed in and out slowly while falling to the floor slowly.

I could hear Jacob enter the living room and make his way to the kitchen. I tried to send my thoughts to him considering no one else would be able to recieve them. Their powers are all drained, but none are as bad as my mom as of now. My mom was frail as it gets.

"Jacob, help me!" I sent my thoughts to him as I tried to control my breathing.

Jacob walked into the kitchen and saw me on the floor, before rushing me to my feet. As soon as I caught my balance, clear liquid ran down my legs and onto my leggings along with the floor.

"GET THE CAR READY, HER WATER BROKE!" Jacob yelled at the others while walking me out of the kitchen.

"Jacob, yell at us again and see if I won't hit you with the chancla." Jacob's mom.

"Sorry Ma, just please help her." Jacob said while putting a jacket on me.

I reached for Jacob's hand before blacking out.

1 HOUR LATER

My head was thudding, the air was filled with depression and death, and Jacob was still by my side. He held my hand and kissed my forehead lightly.

"Hey, babygirl...had me worried for a second. They said that they don't know why you passed out, but they believe it was because of nervousness. So take it easy princess." Jacob spoke softly as if I was dying. My mom sat on the other side of me as I laid in the hospital bed. She grabbed my hand and smiled at me.

"Remember what I told you when you were younger right?" She asked me.

I nodded and bit my lip in anxiety.

Step One: Remain Calm, nervousness brings out a problem in the child.

Step Two: Be realistic, you know what's going to happen, so just face the pain.

Step Three: Think Positive. You're going to have a little bundle of joy, be happy.

My mother told me that when I was small and made me memorize them so when I got to this point, I wouldn't have as much trouble. I grabbed the railing on the side as a contraction passed through.

"You're about 5 cm through, 5 more to go. They said that they'll be back to give you a epidural. They think that your black out had to do with some of the pain, so they're going to give you the medicine a little early." My mom said. Jacob's mom sat down beside me and handed me a water bottle.

"Only take a small sip, you don't want to urinate on the child while giving birth." She chuckled.

"How bad does it hurt? On a scale from 1-10" I asked them both while opening the water bottle.

"Without meds, eh I'd say a good 1000" Jacob's mom laughed lightly.

"With medication, probably 500" My mom said while adjusting my bed.