four- the forbidden zone, pt 2

( episode three- the forbidden zone, part 2 )

THE SKY WAS PAINTED WITH A WARM ORANGE TONE AS THE FIVE POGUES VENTURED OUT TO THE DECK TO TEST OUT THEIR NEW DRONE

THE SKY WAS PAINTED WITH A WARM ORANGE TONE AS THE FIVE POGUES VENTURED OUT TO THE DECK TO TEST OUT THEIR NEW DRONE. John B's face popped up on the screen as he swam over to the camera and began tapping on the lens. Aelia couldn't help but giggle as she watched the boy through the screen.

"He looks like a fish," she said, her laughter filling the air. "Look at his face all pulled back." She was now laughing even harder than before, although the two boys beside her didn't find it as funny as she did and were telling her to be quiet.

After a couple of minutes, the brunette finally calmed down from her laughing fit and decided to cannonball into the water, leaving the two boys to figure the drone out alone.

"What's this right here?" JJ asked, about to push a random button. "Don't touch that," Pope smacked the blonde's hand away. "I'm trying to work out how to drive this thing."

John B, Kiara, and Lia were all swimming around, making random funny faces at the camera in attempts to make each other laugh.

"God bless geeks, Pope. Truly, man," JJ patted the boy on his back. "What would we do without you to control the drones?"

"Well, technically it's not a drone. It's an ROV-"

"Shut up. Shut up," JJ interrupted. "It's too early for that right now."

The three Pogues in the water were now just playing games with each other. Kiara was on Lia's back, trying to ignore the butterflies that were roaming around in her stomach every time she heard the Brooks girl laugh.

"Hey," John B spoke up, causing the Carrera girl to stray from her thoughts. "Once we get footage of the wreck, we'll bring it to a lawyer in town and file a formal claim."

"It's bullshit. Why do we have to do that?" JJ asked.

"Well, there is maritime salvage law," Pope announced, getting up from his seat and walking towards the edge of the deck. "You can't just go to the ocean floor and scoop up a bunch of stuff up."

"I know. I know," JJ told him. "It's just lawyers ain't cheap, bro."

"Well, as soon as they see the footage, they'll work for a comp," John B chimed in. "How do you know all of that?" Kiara asked, looking towards the boy with a confused face. "Cause my dad said it, like, a million times."

"Yeah, that's fair," she nodded.

Aelia removed her arms from holding underneath the curly-haired girl's thighs, allowing her to swim back to the deck. But once she let go, she felt Kiara interlace her hand with her own, dragging her towards the ladders.

"The tether is really long," Pope informed the group, his voice laced with concern. "In the wrong weather, it could get pushed around."

"Then we'll go at dead calm," the Routledge boy agreed.

A loud booming thunder was heard in the distance, turning the Pogues' heads to look up into the sky. Aelia felt a sense of unease wash over her as she watched the dark clouds roll in. "Yeah, that didn't sound good," Lia let out a sigh, her voice filled with worry.

"At slack tide?" Kiara asked, her eyes scanning the sky for any signs of a storm.

"So now, we just gotta wait around for the right weather. And today is not that day," Pope cringed, his voice filled with disappointment.

More thunder was heard as the two girls grabbed towels to dry themselves off. "Today is definitely not that day," Aelia whispered to herself.

⋆༄⭑

THE GIRLS HAD DECIDED TO SPEND THE EVENING AT LIA'S PLACE, as her brother was out and the boys were all off doing their own things. The atmosphere in the room was tense, as Kiara was french plaiting Lia's hair for her. Lia had no idea how to do it herself, and Kie always offered to help. The only sound in the room was the TV playing a show called 'Gilmore Girls', a show that the two girls had started watching together and had promised to only watch when they were together and never alone.

Kiara finished off the second plait and tied it with a small elastic band. She finally spoke up, breaking the silence. "Hey, Lia." Lia turned to face Kiara, crossing her legs to mimic the way that Kiara was sitting. "Hey, Kiara."

"Do you remember when you were talking about travelling the world and getting out of the Outer Banks?" Kiara asked.

Lia smiled, "I vaguely remember, yes."

"Promise that you'll take me with you," Kiara said, her eyes meeting Lia's. "You wanna get out of here too?" Lia asked, confused as to why Kiara was asking.

"Yeah, I know that I have everything I could ever want here, but I just wanna see what's out there, you know?" Kiara explained. Lia nodded, "Yeah, I know."

"I promise," Lia held out her pinkie for Kiara to connect hers, which she did. Kiara smirked, "What do you think about going surfing?"

"Do you even have to ask me?" Lia giggled, causing Kiara to join in.

⋆༄⭑
word count!
886

THIS IS JUST A SHORT FILL IN CHAPTER!! HOPE YOU ENJOYED <3

(edited)