bad weather (27)

~

A little while passes and you and Jotaro pass the time by making some small talk. He ends up reading one of his mangas and you start some homework since you came to Jotaro's place after school. Around 6pm, there's a knock on Jotaro's door followed by the door slowly opening. Joseph appears in the doorway and looks at the two of you sitting on Jotaro's bed.

"Dinner is almost ready if you'd like to come out." Joseph grins a little bit. Jotaro nods a little bit and looks at you.

"Thank you, Joseph." You smile and slowly get off the bed. Jotaro gets up as well and follows you out the door. You walk behind Joseph towards the kitchen where you get a whiff of something yummy. You also see Holly in the kitchen as well, probably helping Joseph. You sit at the dinner table across from Jotaro and wait as Joseph and Holly finish up the food to bring to the table.

"Thank you again for inviting me, Joseph. I really enjoy spending time here." You smile at him. It was true, you really enjoyed staying at Jotaros house. Joseph was so kind to you and Holly was such a sweet woman. You enjoyed Jotaros company as well even though he can be quite mean or quiet at times.

"Oh it's no problem, you are always welcome." Joseph grins as he brings the plates and utensils to the table. You raise your eyebrows a little.

"Could I help you?" You speak to Joseph. He chuckles softly.

"It's alright, you are our guest so you can just sit tight, thank you though." He smiles nicely and you smile and nod back at him. Holly and Joseph finish the food and bring it over to the table. You see fresh Tonkatsu, it is a deep-fried breaded pork cutlet which you find very delicious, a big bowl of delicious jasmine rice and some steamed broccoli, cabbage and mushrooms. You admire the food in awe. It all looks so fresh, warm and delicious, and you didn't realize your stomach was vigorously growling.

"There will be dessert afterwards so keep that in mind everyone." Holly speaks nicely as she finally sits down at the table next to you. Joseph sits beside Jotaro.

"Dig in everyone." Joseph smiles and holds his bowl. He automatically scoops some rice into his bowl and pits some of the pork on top followed by the vegetables. You all do the same as him. You all fill your bowls and begin to eat quietly. It is so delicious and you are so hungry so this is hitting the spot just right. The house is quiet with a little hum sound, the rain begins to pour down on the rooftop causing a nice calming sound.

"This is delicious." You speak quietly as you eat. Joseph grins a little bit.

"Thank you, I'm glad." He nods a bit. The pork is actually made perfectly. The outside is so crispy and flaky and the inside is juicy and soft. The rice is cooked to perfection and the vegetables are so fresh. Jotaro eats quietly and looks down at his bowl as he eats. As you are all eating, the lights flicker a little. Joseph lifts his head and furrows his eyebrows. You all look up at each-other.

"Hmm... The wind must be worse than we thought." Joseph swallows his food. You continue to quietly eat but look at everyone to see what they say.

"I heard it was going to be kind of bad tonight but it wasn't supposed to start until later." Holly says to Joseph.

"Is there gonna be a storm?" Jotaro speaks deeply.

"Yeah, I guess it's happening earlier than we thought though." Joseph sighs. Jotaro looks at you, you look at him.

"If it gets worse you may have to stay the night, Y/N. We wouldn't want you walking home in a storm like this." Joseph says nicely. You nod a little bit in agreement. Jotaro eats quietly across from you and lightly kicks your foot with his under the table. Your eyes dart towards his face as you eat, feeling his foot kick yours. You lightly kick his foot back and his eyes dart towards yours as well. You swallow and grin a little bit as he kicks your foot back. You begin to move your foot up and down, gently kicking your foot against his. He kind of grins and sits up more in his chair.

You all begin to hear some thunder rumbling in the distance followed by heavy wind shuttering against the house.

The rest of dinner is quite quiet.

~

Once dinner was done, you helped Joseph and Holly clean up the dishes while Jotaro went to his room. Holly thanked you for the help and Joseph was kind of standing by the window to watch the weather. After cleaning up, you walked to Jotaro's room, making sure to knock before entering. He gives the OK and you open the door and walk inside. You see him laying on his bed reading a manga. You close the door after entering.

"Your mom is so sweet." You grin and walk over to his bed and sit on the end of it. He continues to read his book.

"I know." He mumbles. You sigh and lay back on his bed, looking up at the ceiling. You turn your head and see his sock covered feet since you're laying next to them. You bring your hand to his foot and tickle it a little. He immediately jerks his foot away and looks down at you. You laugh a little bit.

"Don't tickle me." He huffs a bit. You roll your eyes a little.

"Why so serious all the time?" You giggle and look at his face. He scoffs quietly and hides his face behind his manga again. As he does this, a huge strike of lightning followed by thunder shakes the house. You squeal and quickly cover your ears, you hate the thunder.

"Holy shit." You whisper. Jotaro chuckles lowly with his face still behind his manga. You look over at him.

"It's not funny!" You whine and sit up. You turn and sit on your hands and knees on the bed, looking out his bedroom window at the pouring rain and wind. Jotaro slowly moves his manga from his face and looks at you. Only the lamp light from his desk is on, so it's a dim nice lighting in his room. You look over at him a bit and see him starring at you. You raise a brow slightly.

"What?" You blink. The wind shakes the house a bit so you gasp softly and look back out the window. Jotaro smiles while watching you.

"Weathers pretty bad, huh?" He speaks deeply and closes his manga, placing it on the bed beside him. You nod a little. He crosses his arms and leans back against his pillows, keeping his eyes on you.

"Looks like you're gonna have the spend the night."

~