chapter 8

The next morning, when Scott and Stiles drove me to school, I didn't say a word to them in the car. Once Stiles parked I rushed out of the car to go meet my friends at the buses.

"Hey Mason! Garrett, Violet how are you guys?"

"Good!" Violet responds. "Hey movie night at Mason's! Wanna join?" She asked.

"Yeah sure!" I smiled.

"Great! I'll text you the address!" She smiled back and her and Garrett walked away.

"Ok so I've been thinking about this and I've come to the conclusion that you like..." He trails off looking behind me. "Liam?"

"What no I don't! How'd you know?" I gasped.

"Well your reaction just proved it but that's not it." Mason pointed behind me. I turn my head and see Liam running towards us. He stopped, panting a little.

"Hey guys!" He heaved in a breath.

"Hey Liam." I smiled.

"Hey, why weren't you on the bus?" Mason asked.

"I ran." He shrugged. My eyes widened.

"Oh god." I gasped quietly.

"You ran three miles to school?" Mason asked incredulously.

"Yeah... I just started running." He said awkwardly.

"And you didn't think to stop and breathe for a second?" I say as he puts his hand on my shoulder taking in another breath.

"So your leg's ok?" Mason asked. "What happened to your arm?" Liam started spacing out and his breaths became more ragged.

"Liam are you ok?"

"Liam talk to us." I say as he turns around and leans on the bar. He looks up and stops for a second. I followed his eyesight and see my brother.

"I'll talk to you later! We gotta get to class." Liam takes my arm and dragged away from my friend.

"Bye Mason!" I waved. He confusedly waved back.

"Liam where are we going?" I giggled at his dragging. I looked behind me and see my brother following suit. "Oh great."

"Liam, hey!" Stiles says. I look to the front and see him blocking an exit as well.

"Why am I always caught in the middle of things?" I say to myself.

"We need to talk-" Liam cut Scott off.

"No, you need to back the hell up, okay? Both of you." He says to the two. Scott looks at me pleadingly. I huffed.

"Maybe you should listen to them and then they'll leave you alone?" I looked at the boy. He looked back at me and put his head down a little. He nodded at Scott.

"Liam... were brothers now." Scott said.

"Oh, God, that's...." Stiles groaned.

"I take it back. Can we go now?" I pointed behind me.

"What are you talking about? We just met, and you bit me." Liam spat.

"The Bite....Liam... The Bite is a gift." Scott tried.

"Oh my god." I facepalmed.

"Scott, stop! Please, stop." Stiles stood next to Scott. "You! You, we're trying to help you, you little runt!"

"What by kidnapping me?" Liam held my hand a little tighter.

"...just to clarify, Scott kidnapped you, okay? I aided and abetted..." He says now confused by himself.