Part 2

~Third POV~

Felix knocked thrice on the door to the Emperor's office, about to tell His Majesty about what happened at the Baron's house. He waited for a few short seconds before he entered upon the Emperor's command.

Inside was His Majesty, sitting behind his desk, along with a woman, whose beauty would put the angels to shame, who was sitting on a couch, facing the Emperor. "What is it, Felix?" Claude asked, not looking up from his paperwork, "Your Majesty, I found a little girl in a run-down shed inside Baron Collins' estate, she was malnourished and mistreated. As I found out from the Baron, she is their adopted daughter named Nariasue. I have arrested the Baron's family and I also brought the girl to the Palace to get her cleaned up," Felix reported, getting straight to the point.

"Then after she is cleaned up, send her to an adoption center, and it's up to you to punish the Baron's family," Claude answered calmly, not even sparing a glance at his aide. "Your Majesty, one more thing," the knight had an unreadable expression on his face, "What?" "The girl looks a bit ... odd," Felix answered, his tone barely a whisper.

"What do you mean odd?" Finally, Claude raised his head and stared at the red-haired knight, "Her features are incredibly pale, and her pupils, they're not normal, they're star-shaped," he explained, "So I don't think that she will be accepted in any adoption center or orphanage, they might think she's some kind of otherworldly creature," Felix mumbled the last part but it was loud enough for them to hear him.

"Can I meet her?" Diana spoke for the first time since Felix entered the room, "Why would you want to meet her?" Claude questioned, curiosity visible in his voice, "I want to see her for myself, I bet she's adorable despite her odd appearance, right Sir Felix?" She turned to face the knight, who only nodded with a smile on his face.

Claude was quiet for a few seconds before he finally gave in, "Bring that girl here when she's done getting cleaned up," he sighed out, before going back to his paperwork. "Yes Your Majesty!" His knight bopped his head in a delighted manner before bowing and leaving the office.

~Astrea's POV~

'Is this me?' I looked at myself in the mirror, pale white skin, soft wavy white hair that cascaded down to my mid-back, and emotionless pale blue eyes with star-shaped pupils. 'Wait, star-shaped pupils?' I brought my face closer to the mirror to get a better look at my eyes, 'What the hell is wrong with my eyes? They look emotionless but I have emotions,' I pondered, blinking a few times. I just sighed and examined the dress I was wearing.

It was a plain white knee-length dress with gold embroidery at the hem, along with white knee-length socks and brown ankle boots. To be honest, I looked like an angel, and even though I don't eat much, I'm still a bit chubby. I looked at the maid that was carrying me before looking at the others behind her. They were all gushing at me, even though they were trying to hide it, it was obvious.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door before it opened, revealing Felix. "Is she ready?" He looked at the maids before looking down at me, his eyes widened and his mouth slightly opened.

He blinked a few times before composing himself and walking towards me. Felix knelt in front of me and reached his hand out to me, "Do you want to come with me to meet some new people?" He gave me a warm smile and raised his eyebrows, 'New people? Who could they be?' I felt excited but suspicious at the same time. Nevertheless, I tried to stay positive and gave him a small smile

I accepted his hand, looking up at him, "Don't worry, they are nice people, but one of them likes to hide it," Felix answered and I just nodded.

Felix picked me up and walked out of the room. He told me stories about the Empire and the Imperial family on our way there. After a few minutes, we stopped in front of a room with double doors. Felix knocked on it three times and soon after, there was a deep voice telling us to enter.

The door creaked open and revealed two blonde people, a male, and a female. The male was sitting behind a desk, surrounded by a load of paperwork, and was scribbling on a paper with his quill, not looking up to see who entered his office so the only thing I could make out was his shimmering blonde hair.

While the female was sitting on a couch opposite the other person, she had long, wavy blonde hair that extended past her waist, with soft bangs that framed her face and bright rose-colored eyes. She had a slim, voluptuous figure with long, willowy limbs, she was truly a beauty. She seemed very excited when her eyes fell on me and she gave me a beautiful smile, making me look away.