Part 3

~Astrea's POV~

"Your Majesty, this is her," Felix said, 'Majesty? Is this the Emperor?' I stared at the said man who moved a stack of papers in front of him to the side, revealing his upper body. He has short, golden hair with bangs sweeping over jewel blue eyes, an inherited trait from the imperial bloodline. From what I could see he looked tall and had broad shoulders, long limbs, and a well-built figure.

"Hmmm," he hummed, he stared at me and I did the same, not knowing what else to do. "Interesting... Why did you want to meet her?," Mumbling the first part, he asked the pretty lady, his eyes never leaving mine, "She's so adorable, can I take her Sir Felix?" The lady excitedly exclaimed and walked towards us, making me break eye contact with the Emperor and look at her.

"Of course, My Lady," Felix excitedly handed me over to her, not giving me any time to respond. The lady took me from Felix and smiled down at me before introducing herself, "Hello there, my name is Diana, it's nice to meet you," Diana said, I looked towards Felix with a blank face but I think he got my message because he told Diana my name, "Her name is Astrea, I haven't heard her talk since we met so it may be that she's a bit uncomfortable with the sudden change in surroundings," Felix said.

'How do you expect me to talk when I can't move my tongue? Well it's not like you'll know about that anyways,' I mentally shrugged before focusing back on Diana.

Diana looked like her heart just melted and gave me yet another beautiful smile and chuckled a little before she sat down with me on her lap. I looked at her for a few minutes before turning my head to look at my surroundings, Felix was looking at Diana and me with a warm gaze whereas the Emperor was glaring holes into my body.

If looks could kill, I would have been six feet under already. "How old is she, Sir Felix?" Diana spoke up, making me look towards her again, "She's currently two and a half years old, My Lady," Felix answered in a cheerful voice.

Diana chuckled again before poking my cheeks with her finger, making me feel kinda irritated. It went on for a few seconds before the Emperor cleared his throat, catching our attention, "You seem quite attached to that thing," he directed this to Diana, raising an eyebrow, "Oh! She's just so adorable I couldn't stop myself, sorry," Diana answered sheepishly, "I'm sure Your Majesty will feel the same too," she suggested, standing up with me in her arms and walking towards the Emperor.

His glaring intensified and he looked like he could pounce on me any moment now, but for some reason, I didn't feel afraid, instead, I felt irritated so I glared back, making him widen his eyes for a split second before he glared back again but this time, much fiercer than before and I did the same.

Our glaring contest was interrupted by a knock on the door, the Emperor told the person to come in and a maid opened the door, she bowed to the Emperor before whispering something to Felix and leaving. Felix went to the Emperor and whispered something, the Emperor glanced at me before nodding at Felix.

'What's up with all the whispering?' I looked at Felix who just gave a bright smile before taking his leave. I turned my gaze back to the other guy, who had surprisingly stopped glaring at me.

"Have you eaten yet, dear?" Diana asked me, bringing all the attention to her. I shook my head as the maids haven't fed me, they just cleaned me up, and then Felix brought me here.

"Well how about we all have breakfast together, Your Majesty?" Diana exclaimed, her eyes gleaming with excitement. "...Do whatever you want," the Emperor sighed, before getting up from his chair and walking out the door with us in tow.

We walked for like five minutes before we reached a big garden. Different types of flowers were planted in groups, surrounding an opening with a table and three chairs, one of them being a highchair. 'How did all of this get prepared so fast though?' I wondered, looking around the entire place.

The Emperor walked towards one of the chairs and took a seat, immediately putting one leg on the other and leaning his head on the palm of his hand, looking tired.

Diana walked towards the highchair and placed me down, ruffling my hair before she took a seat herself.

As soon as she sat down, a couple of maids walked towards the table, each of them carrying a plate filled with food. 'Smells good,' I thought to myself, resisting the urge to just drool all over the place.

They set down the plates in front of us, before bowing and taking their leave.

I scanned over all the items on my dish. Bacon, eggs, toast, and some berries, with some orange juice. The items were in large quantities. 'Do they expect me to eat all of that?' I wondered while staring at my food, not even making an effort to eat it.

"What's wrong? Do you perhaps not like the food, My Lady?' Felix suddenly asked out of nowhere, making me flinch.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to startle you!," he flailed, apologizing over and over again. I shook my head and waved my arms around, trying to calm him down. He finally stopped after a few seconds but still kept his head down.

I quietly sighed, before turning back to my food. The Emperor had already started eating and so had Diana, and not wanting to be the odd one out, I picked up the toast and started eating, desperately trying not to throw up because of the unfamiliar taste.

Don't get me wrong, it tasted good, but it's not what I'm used to. Like all I got back at the Baron's residence was a soggy slice of bread and dirty water. And if I got lucky, I got the leftover food which the family cat or the Baron's son refused to eat.

I got full after eating half of the toast, because I don't have a large appetite, but I could feel the Emperor staring at me, probably waiting for me to make a mistake so he could have an excuse to throw me out, so I forced myself to finish the rest of the toast, taking a sip of the orange juice afterwards.

'Imagine if they served me wine instead of orange juice,' I thought, smiling internally. I shook off my thoughts and focused back on my food. I didn't want to eat the bacon but shoved it down my throat anyway, because I don't like wasting food. The eggs were alright but the berries were the best thing about the entire dish.

I looked up at both of the adults in front of me and they still weren't done eating even though they had less food on their plates than I did. I made eye contact with the Emperor, who glared at me, his eyes were literally on fire. And me being me, I glared back, not willing to lose to this old man.