Chapter 101: The Princess of the Zora

It had only taken a few days for Link to travel from Hateno Village to Zora's Domain. He had woken early the morning after the talk with his family, greeted by an already working father. Though he had attempted to stay at least one more day, his father and his tired sister urged him to move forward with going to the domain until the Champions Ceremony, insisting that there was something he needed to clear up with his close friend. Confused, seeing as his father had refused to explain to him and forbade his sister from explaining anything past her joking antics, Link gave in and set out for the home of the Zora's.

As he walked through the moist pathway of Ruto Mountain, he allowed his thoughts to travel through his mind. He hadn't been able to push Zelda's glare towards him out of his mind nor could he rid himself of the pressure that was constantly building on his shoulders. He glanced over at the purple sword on his back as he continued to walk forward. The blade had been a part of him for the last three years, signifying to the world that he was the one that would face down the Calamity. He was the one with the power even the princess of Hyrule could not achieve; he was the most powerful person in the kingdom, and yet to himself, he was no more special than any of the other knights he had fought alongside.

He closed his eyes and sighed as he came to a stop at the end of the dirt path. He wondered if his family had sent him here to talk with Mipha about his struggles. Though he trusted her with his life and every personal feeling he had in his heart, he couldn't help but feel she wouldn't understand his burden as he believed Princess Zelda would have. They were simply in two different positions; both stressful and important, however, one came with just a bit more expectation and a little magic sword, while the other came with a gigantic weaponized elephant.

Despite his feelings, Link smiled as he opened his eyes. In front of him stood a large, luminous stone bridge that spanned from the end of the dirt road to the entrance of the domain. At the end of the bridge, he could see the domain's beauty as it sparkled in the sunlight with its large fish-like dome standing tall against the mountain. He couldn't lie to himself: he really did want to see his best friend and enjoy his time with her before he was appointed to the princess's side. With the smile remaining on his face, he began to make his way across the bridge.

Link never grew tired of seeing the intricately crafted archways of the Great Zora Bridge, though its view paled in comparison to the domain itself. The moment he climbed the small staircase at the end of the bridge and stepped onto the domain's first level he instantly felt the familiar warmth of comfort that he grew accustomed to when being here. Ever since he started his training, Link had always made frequent visits to Zora's Domain. He had gotten to know the Zora children, the older Zora, and the princess herself. Though his visits over the last few years had been for more dutiful purposes, he never forgot the feeling of home that came with the place.

After greeting the Zora guards standing on both sides of the first floor's entrance, Link made his way inside and began to observe the glowing architecture of the city. Before long, however, he was soon interrupted by the calling of his name.

"Linny!" a female voice called out to him. He turned to see a young, red Zora girl running towards him, waving as she smiled brightly. She quickly closed the distance between them before wrapping her arms tightly around his neck. Though she wasn't a full-grown Zora, it was easy to tell that she had begun her growth spurt seeing as they now were the same height. Accepting the hug, Link patted her on the back a few times before she pulled away. "What are you doing here? I thought you would be stuck in the castle since you're a fancy Royal Guard now..."

"Kodah!" another voice could be heard, one that was slightly more timid than the girls had been. Link and the Zora girl, known as Kodah, looked to see a Zora boy, no taller than Kodah, running after them. Once he caught up to them, between his breaths he turned to face the red Zora. "Kodah... why did you suddenly... run off?"