Start of the End: Error

The first thing Jenny saw that morning as she entered the doors of her high school was Whyanne (*wink*wink*) running past her with several people in hot pursuit. And I mean HOT. She paused to let them pass her because she really didn't want to get trampled over by the band of cliche Love Interests.

"She's a runner, she's a track star" the little Extra silently sang while gluing her body to the wall near the locker. She watched as the Love Interests ran by her in the exact order they did every day.

 Billionaire CEO looking for a fake fiancee, then the Mafia Boss trying to kidnap her for the fifth time that week, the alpha werewolf looking for his mate, the vampire trying to turn her into his new sacrificial bride, the bad boy (why was he even running after her this time?), the football quarterback needing her to tutor him, the foreign royalty telling her she is the lost princess of a nation no one has ever heard about, Harry Potter trying to give Whyanne her Hogwarts letter, Jackson Wang trying to invite her to his VIP party, the childhood friend who happened to live next door to her (clingy much) and finally the boyband trying to buy her from her parents. 

"In perfect order. Like all things should be."

  "So full of energy despite being so early, huh?", her friend Michaell remarked once the crowd finally passed them. 

She hadn't heard him approach but then again that wasn't new. None of the Extras ever really made noise unless it was part of the Background Noise Soundtrack. It was rare that folks like them were even able to talk to each other freely. That's why she liked Michaell he was a fortunate exception, although sometimes even he glitched back into 'orderly extra behavior'.

Today he was sporting his usual yellow cannon fodder shirt, blue jeans, and square black glasses that brought out his brown honey eyes. He was by no means ugly but the privilege of possessing divine handsomeness was reserved only for the various members of The Cast, so he wasn't even noticed by the people that passed by them in a mindless fashion. It didn't matter they were only there for scenic presence anyways.

  Jenny sighed, dreading the inevitable moment when the (h/c) girl would dash up the stairs toward the roof and begin singing "Fight Song" as she did every Tuesday at precisely 12:03 am. There was only so much one could take of Rachel Platten's copycat before they would want to bitch-slap her off that damned roof. 

Unfortunately, no one was actually brave enough to face off against the Main Character and her Plot Armor. Not yet at least, Jenny thought to herself swatting a stray strand of nut-brown hair that seemed determined to become one with her eye.

  "Soon," she whispered throatily.

 Soon, that wretched Author would get a taste of her own medicine.

   Yes, Jenny Smith would overthrow the plot and get revenge for all the lives those stupid Male Leads and Female Leads had ruined for nothing (plot convenience)...not to mention all of the inanimate objects (mostly walls and lockers) that they, mostly the Love Interests, would destroy every time they didn't get their ways and decided that a hissy fit was the answer to all of their anger issues and unresolved trauma due to their parents dying/leaving when they were small. I mean, who needs a therapist when they can break some things and then get (Y/N) to comfort and cuddle them (after a moment when fear flashes through her eyes dramatically and she takes a step back so the ML can get to feel guilty for scaring her, NOT for ruining an entire room over the span of a few minutes).

  The only problem was that she was currently the only one to actually realize they were part of a cliche Wattpad novel, so her plan was easier said than done. Not that she had one... At least she had determination! In true Extra fashion, unfortunately, she did not possess the Lack of Self-preservation and the Power Of Friendship that the MCs had (the key to eliminating any world-ending threat), so poor Jenny would have to improvise.

 Perhaps she was a defect, the girl sighed, but if that meant being able to differentiate herself from the masses of mindless baboons that just got with the program and did as they were supposed to then she would gladly take it and aim to spread her Anarchy Propaganda throughout this novel. She would do Technoblade proud! (R.I.P. and I don't mean any disrespect by this mention of him)

Her fingers clung to the straps of her backpack tightly nails digging into the material with fierce determination. She was going to ruin the plot and save herself from this damned Extra life. Perhaps conquering the world while she was at it wouldn't be so bad either...