PROLOGUE

WAITING ON A LONELY STAR, THE BOY ENDED UP REALIZING HE WANTED TO BE LOVED. IF YOU TOO ARE LOOKING INTO THE NIGHT SKY, DANCE AND SING THE JOYS OF GOODBYE UNTIL YOU YEARN FOR IT. ❞ 

(By Eve in "Yoruwahonoka")

She felt empty. [Y/N] [L/N] felt empty.

A couple of days ago [Y/N] was letting her thoughts wander the darkness. She was on her bed, staring up at the ceiling feeling a bit negative. Well, maybe more than a bit but you know what I mean.

She continued to wallow in her thoughts but then tried to distract herself with her phone to interrupt them. Something caught [Y/N]'s attention that day and now she's here in front of a cafe.

The [H/C]-haired girl anxiously walked over to the cafe she was supposed to meet her date at. This was the first time she's ever been on one before, but then again she wasn't sure if this kind of date counted. Nevertheless, she was both panicked and excited because of this. This was the decision of the [H/C]-nette's own, figuring that this will be better for her mental health. Her heart was aching for something. For love, perhaps?

She found herself in front of the cafe. Pushing the door open, she heard the door's bell chime as she stepped inside. The door now closing, the lady had scanned the room looking for a certain someone. The [H/C] girl heard the door's bell chime again before a pair of hands grasped her shoulders. Unprepared, the girl shrieked.

"Haha, sorry about that!" The voice chuckled.

"It's alright..." the girl brushed it off before turning to a familiar face. "Ah, you must be—"

"Mhm! And you must be [L/N] [Y/N], " the male had given the girl a grin. "Now, before we sit down, let's order some coffee!!!"

The male then took [Y/N]'s hand and gently tugged her towards the cash register. The girl blushed slightly at the skin contact, squealing internally. God, you are touch-starved. Even if he is just a rental boyfriend, it still felt good to feel loved. The male glanced at the nervous [H/C]-nette and lightly chuckled, sending a warm smile your way. Before the two knew it, they were at the register and ordered their coffee. The rental boyfriend ordered a cup of bitter black coffee and [Y/N] ordered [Insert Drink].

After the male insisted on paying for the two drinks, they sat down at a table. To be frank, the girl was very nervous. She didn't speak with people too often, much less a rental boyfriend.  It just so happened that the girl wanted to feel loved, even if she had to pay for it. Well, maybe not pay people to care but pay people to care because it's their job too. So [Y/N] shamefully committed an act of self-indulgence and rented a boyfriend. Not that rental boyfriends or girlfriends are bad, it's just that [Y/N] felt embarrassed.

(A/N: I'm not sure if I worded that paragraph correctly. I hope you understood, reader!)

Now is not the time to turn back. After all that texting and planning to meet, she couldn't stand him up. Not to mention that she was right in front of him. She also thought she might enjoy this little date.

"[Y/N]-chan? You've been staring at me for quite a while... something on your mind?"  The green-haired male had waved a hand in front of the girl, pulling her out of her thoughts.

Her [E/C] eyes widened as she stammered out, "S-sorry!" 'God fucking dammit why did I fucking stutter—'

"It's alright~! As long as you don't plan to murder me or anything!" He looked up and stared into the girl with a playful smirk, "Other than that I feel flattered! You can stare at me all you want~"

[Y/N]'s breath hitched. Is this what socializing is like? She wasn't too sure.  She also wasn't sure how to respond to this either! She only talks to people online, not face-to-face. The male stared at the girl who was internally struggling for a few more seconds before realizing the dilemma.