CHAPTER 3

TORMENT

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

MINE HAS BEEN A LIFE OF MUCH SHAME. I CAN'T EVEN GUESS MYSELF WHAT IT MUST BE TO LIVE THE LIFE OF A HUMAN BEING.

(Osamu Dazai, No Longer Human)

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

As Sou Hiyori, or rather Shin Tsukimi, walked with [Y/N] to the Game Room, he had wondered, '[Y/N] [L/N]... What were you doing before then?'

He got particularly interested in her whereabouts as soon he noticed [Y/N] was assumingly exploring alone. She came into the Blue Room partnerless. Weird. He, of course, tried asking questions to the girl, although in a more friendly tone, when they were scouring the whole place to help everyone that was stuck in the Blue Room. However, that 'interrogation' had failed as the [H/C]-nette seemed so focused and stuck in her thoughts during the search that she accidentally tuned out all of them. By all, I mean like two- There weren't that many, he didn't want to push it.

'She doesn't seem like a threat at first glance, honestly,' Beanie Sou thought. 'Though, she does give a mean glare.'

"I really hope they're all okay," [Y/N] spoke, with genuine worry. Sou glances over at the female, who is currently facing forward, nodding in agreement.

He grips his scarf as they take a couple of steps into the Game Room, "Ah, we're practically here. What should we tell th-"

The sound of a revolver had yelled out, interrupting the teal-haired man.

"That's concerning, were those gunshots?" Sou sweated after he gulped down his nervousness.

Though the both of them knew the answer, the [H/C]-haired girl replied, "...Probably?"

Sou had started towards the door of the target room warily, now in front of the [H/C]-headed girl. He was clueless about the inner struggle happening inside [Y/N] right now and had thought she was just scared to look inside the Blue Room. Which he doesn't blame, especially after hearing that deafening bang. It wasn't until the audible thump from behind him that he thought to peer his head around.

There he saw it, [Y/N] whose legs had slumped to the ground. Her hands were veiling her face, yet also grasping it as if to tear or pull at her skin. Though he couldn't see her glossy eyes that well, he saw the teardrops that splattered and spread themselves on the ground as they dribbled down the female's arms. All of this was accompanied by the trembling of her entire body.

His eyes had widened at the sight of it all, not really knowing how to react. At first, he awkwardly stood there, not knowing what he should do or what he should even say. He could only just stand there processing the situation. It's understandable, it's a normal first reaction.

Finally, he manages to utter out, "Miss [Y/N]...?" He felt terrible leaving her like that, so he decided to do something.

The teal-haired man then stiffly shifted himself towards the [H/C]-nette, the opposite direction of the blue door. Beanie Sou then crouched down and placed himself on the floor, his face in front of her still covered one. Now he had a better view of her watery, widened orbs that were avoiding his gaze. Though It seemed she hadn't acknowledged his presence at all, this being confirmed by the fact she never uttered a single response earlier.