Prologue 🥀

Once upon a time in the hidden heart of France, a handsome young Prince and a beautiful little h/c girl lived in a big castle...

Although he had everything his heart desired, the Prince was selfish and unkind.

The prince was being groomed by his servants. A French maid paints an exotic animal mask on the Prince's face with a feather brush. A tall valet drapes the Prince with an elaborately bejeweled coat. A loud giggle was heard in the doorway, revealing a h/c girl with sparkling e/c orbs. 

He taxed the village to fill the castle with the most beautiful objects...

The maid dusts his wig with powder.

"Come on, dear Y/N, we have to go." another maid said to the small girl, who couldn't get her brothers attention.

- while a majordomo holds a pocket watch, indicating that they are running late. "Master, it's time." he told the Prince.

With a haughty wave, the Prince instructs his footman to bring more light. " Oui, maître."

A candelabra is lifted to the preening Prince as he looks at himself in an ornate hand mirror. 

 ... and his parties with the most beautiful people.

🥀

The ornate room is filled with beautiful people from all corners of the world, each on display for the Prince's pleasure. A circle of eligible maidens bow their heads. 

Seated in a throne chair dominated by a majestic coat of arms, the Prince snaps his fingers impatiently at an italian maestro, who smiles, revealing comically rotten teeth. 

The maestro sits at a harpsichord and motions to his wife, a large diva holding a tiny bichon. As the music begins, the Prince steps forward. The diva fills the room with a voice as big as her frame. The Prince performs a roundelay with several debutantes. 

"Oh how divine. Glamour, music and magic combine. See the maidens so anxious to shine. Look for a sign that enhances. Chances. She'll be his special one"

Small Y/N, stood there in the room too. The little girl was mesmerized by the beauty of all women and men there. She stood up, and decided to waltz around alone. 

The dance speeds up. The Prince connects momentarily with a beautiful woman -- but quickly moves on when his eye catches someone even more dazzling. Making several women frown around them. The h/c Princess, joined the dance, wanting to spend time with her brother.

"What a display! What a breathtaking thrilling array (coos to the dog). Every prince, every dog has his day. Let us sing with passion, gusto Fit to bust - oh. Not a care in the world--"

KNOCK KNOCK. 

The Prince stops along with his little sister, who now stood behind him. 

Then a gust of wind blows open the windows. Sconces flicker and go dark. The figure enters in silhouette, hobbling on a cane. Furious, the Prince grabs a lit candelabra from the Footman. He rudely pushes through the crowd, sweeping people from his path. He crosses to the windows, finally revealing -- an old beggar woman, shivering from the rain. 

Young Y/N gasped, walking over to help the lady, but was stopped by the prince. The lady looks to the Prince with hope and offers him -- a red rose. 

Then, one night, an unexpected intruder arrived at the castle, seeking shelter from the bitter storm. As a gift, she offered the Prince a single rose. 

The Prince's hand waves her off. The woman begs on her knees, making Y/N pull on his sleeve. The Prince motions to the staff.  

Repulsed by her haggard appearance, the Prince turned the woman away. But she warned him not to be deceived by appearances, for beauty is found within.

The majordomo and footman approach to usher her out, small Y/N begging them to help the woman out. The woman lowers her head as if to cry -- 

And when he dismissed her again, the old woman's outward appearance melted away to reveal...

Suddenly, the old woman's cape and hood cocoon. An eruption of light as she transforms into... 

  ...a beautiful Enchantress.

The wind picks up inside the room. Frightened, the Prince falls to his knees. 

 The Prince tried to apologize but it was too late. For she had seen that there was no love in his heart. 

As the Prince begs for mercy, his body begins to transform. His jewelry pops off. His clothing rips as he grows larger. 

As punishment, she transformed him into a hideous beast...

The guests scream in horror and flee. But pushing his way through the crowd, a young boy slips into the ballroom ,watching in wonder as -- the prince's shadow twists into the shadow of a hideous beast. The boy's mother frantically follows him inside -- "Chip! Chip! Oh my..." -- just as the doors slam shut, leaving the young Princess, the staff, the entertainers and the dog trapped in the room. 

... and placed a powerful spell on the castle and all who lived there.

A portrait of the handsome prince and the beautiful Princess was seen-- as the beast's giant paw slashes it. 

🥀

Years later, the enchanted castle stands isolated. The property is surrounded by an ice hedge. The only sound is the grim winter wind. 

As days bled into years, the Prince, Princess and his servants were forgotten by the world. For the Enchantress had erased all memory of them from the minds of the people they loved.

At the highest window of the west wing, was the beast. The rose, already wilting, floats before him. To protect it, the beast has covered it with a glass bell jar. 

  But the rose she had offered was truly an enchanted rose. If he could learn to love another and earn their love in return, mainly his sister.. Who he had forgotten over the years, by the time the last petal fell, the spell would be broken. If not, he would be doomed to remain a beast for all time. 

The rose was beautiful indeed but-- another petal drops. 

 The years passed, he fell into despair and lost all hope. For who could ever learn to love a beast?