Chapter 1 - Shaylah

The Blood Moons overhead 10 minutes, 9 minutes, 8 minutes the second's tick by as the moon looms closer and closer. When the blood moon reaches the peak of the sky the feast will begin. The old town people say, fear the feast for on the night of the Blood Moon, Blood is shed and he will rise. Only the one dressed in the Robes of Aima shall prevail. 7 Minutes tik, tok, tik, tok. 6 shall sit at the table, 10 shall fight, 4 shall serve. 6 minutes tik, tok, tik, tok. Only the one brought from ashes can save them. 5 minutes tik, tok, tik, tok. The trumpets below in my ear I sit down at the table that is lined in a blood-red table cloth, 4 minutes, 3 minutes, 2 minutes, 1 minute. As the last few seconds roll down The one dressed in Red Robes stands. 10 Seconds, 9 Seconds, tik, tok, tik, tok. " Let the feast" 5 seconds, 4 seconds, 3 seconds, 2 seconds...... " Begin " The Moon Lights up the sky in red blood starts raining and a dark figure rises just as the first knife swings toward me.

" wake up, wake up "

I'm brought back to reality by my sister Althea. I know what you're thinking, what the hell was my parents thinking when they named her Althea. Well, they weren't thinking but they just looked her in the eyes and knew Althea was the perfect name. But it wasn't till later that we realized her name meant " the one with the powers of healing. "

" Come on Shaylah! "

Shaylah my name, on the other hand, my parents knew exactly what my name meant " The one from the fae palace " what a load of crap am I right, or am I right! Here's the rundown on my life. I'm a Fae from Morantal, this shitty world we live in. I live in the palace because my parents died when Althea and I were young and just our luck my dad was the king's favorite advisor. So when my parents died the king gave us a life here in the palace. Now on top of that, there's this prophecy about a deadly feast & how only the sisters of the palace will survive, so that's awesome and yes I know what you're thinking why am I mad I live a perfect life, well the one thing is I being 16 and being a daughter of sorts to the king means I must be married soon by my 18th birthday to be exact and considering it's my 17th birthday tomorrow means I have exactly a year to marry someone.

" Shaylah, " My sister says, snapping her fingers in front of my face " Shaylah are you there? Were you having the dream again? "

" Ya " I respond meekly

" Well perk up sister, today we have fun! "

Check Out my other books!

- E