-thirty-six-

SeungMin's POV

"Channie is on his way. How's Lixie?" I mumble quietly as I slip into the other bedroom.

"Hm? Oh—he finally fell asleep." ChangBin lifts his arm from his face to see me.

"How's Innie?" MinHo questions as he runs his fingers through JiSung's hair.

"He's scaring me. Channie said he's bringing medicine and that Jinnie is pretty sick, too. He said we'll probably have to cancel everything for the next two weeks." I report everything Chan told me.

"Jinnie sounded pretty rough when I called earlier." ChangBin confirms as Felix squirms a bit. ChangBin rubs at his back in hopes of keeping him asleep.

"What if someone ends up in the hospital?" I whisper—well aware they might not hear me—but just needing to get it out in the open.

"Min—don't think like that. Once Channie brings the medicine, we should be able to keep everyone comfortable and well enough to stay home. We're all pretty healthy in general, so it shouldn't hit us too hard. If we all get it now, we'll be in the clear for awhile. We might as well just try and get through it without a problem so we can come out on the other side." MinHo reassures me as JiSung turns his head so he can see me.

"Minnie, they'll be okay. I promise. Channie won't let them go anywhere unless he has no choice. We've been together since day one and he won't let that change unless he has no other choice." JiSung smiles tiredly before yawning and closing his eyes.

"You should go back to Innie. He probably wants you." ChangBin suggests softly and I nod weakly.

I drag myself out of their room and into the living room. I close the door softly behind me and glance toward our door. I don't want to go back in. I can't stand seeing him like that. It breaks my heart. He fell asleep—so he won't be upset if I just sit out here for a bit—will he? It's not like he'll even really notice.

I fall down on the couch and chew at my nails. I bounce my leg and stare at the clock. I watch the second hand tick slowly while the minute hand never seems to budge even in the slightest. I close my eyes tightly and lean my head back against the wall.

I jump the moment I hear a door open. My heart leaps into my throat before settling back in its place the moment I see Chan carrying HyunJin.

"Can you get the bedroom door for me, Min?" Chan asks softly as he does his best to ensure HyunJin doesn't wake up.

"Yeah." I hope up and quickly tug it open for him.

Chan delicately lays HyunJin down before gently taking his coat off of him. He tosses it on the ground near the end of the bed before carefully tucking him in.

"How's everyone doing? Where you waiting for us?" Chan questions as he glances over at JeongIn.

"No—I just—I couldn't sit next to him like that." I lower my head—unable to look at JeongIn's pained expression.

"Come help me, Min." Chan takes my hand in his and leads me back out of the room.

"Help with what?" I mumble as I allow him to drag me toward the front door.