Chapter 10

Hashira's training ground.

"Is it alright if we fight seriously, Tomioka-san?",

"No problem, should we use our real weapons Himejima-san?", asked Giyuu while looking at the bamboo sword he was holding.

"That's not necessary. too dangerous…”, answered Gyomei while preparing his weapon, which is an ax and ball connected by a chain which is also made of bamboo.

In the corner of the field many spectators who want to watch this practice match. The other Hashira's and even Ubayashiki also came to watch.

"...okay, I'will start", he said who immediately threw the bamboo ball at Giyuu. Even though it was made of bamboo, its weight was adjusted to Gyomei's real weapon, so it would still hurt if it hit.

Giyuu dodged by stepping to the left.

The bamboo ball spun back towards Giyuu, at the same time from the front, Gyomei ran towards him. Gyomei attacked from two sides.

“Troublesome weapon”, said Giyuu while running towards Gyomei.

"Usually everyone will move sideways to avoid this double-sided attack, if you want to dodge at the last second so that my attacks collide, it won't work because I can control both my weapons well.", thought Gyomei while attacking Giyuu with his axe.

And sure enough, at the last second Giyuu dodged. But he didn't dodge left or right, but jumped up to do a back flip.

Gyomei smiled, his guess was correct. “You will find it difficult to dodge if you are in the air”, said Gyomei while throwing his ax at Giyuu. Then with his other hand Gyomei intends to catch the bamboo ball that has almost reached him, with the bamboo ball he intends to attack Giyuu who is still in the air. Giyuu had no other choice but to parry his axe, and the bamboo ball would be the ultimate attack that would definitely hit Giyuu. That was Gyomei's plan.

“Well you're right Himejima-san”, said Giyuu as he parried Gyomei's ax with his sword. But at the same time, with his feet, Giyuu immediately kicked Gyomei's bamboo ball.

Deg!

Gyomei was surprised. Apart from being accelerated, the direction of the bamboo ball also turned towards his face. Quickly, Gyomei dodged by shifting his head, but the ball was too fast.

Sreett!!!

Gyomei's face was scratched by the thorns from his bamboo ball.

Off the field.
"That's almost it," said Tengen amazed.

"Hmm, you're right!" Rengoku continued.

“What is this, damn Tomioka managed to injure Himejima-san”, said Sanemi in surprise.

"I can't believe this," Obanai said.

Back to the field.

“That's new,” said Gyomei as he wiped the blood from the cut on his cheek. “Usually all the demons I fight wouldn't dare touch my weapon, because demon hunter weapons are dangerous to them. But this time my opponent is a human, I understand”, he continued in his mind.

Then Giyuu came forward to attack Gyomei.

They both attack each other with their own moves. It could be seen that the two of them were balanced in terms of technique, but not in speed and endurance.

Giyuu may be faster than Gyomei but Gyomei is able to compensate with the unique weapon abilities he has, you could say that Gyomei has 3 weapons, namely an ax, spiked ball and chain that can cover his shortcomings in terms of speed.