Christmas Oneshot

Christmas morning arises for both you, and your long-time girlfriend, Nejire Hado.

Y/N: Nejire? C'mon. Wake up. It's Christmas morning.

She opens her eyes slowly, blinking first before laying her eyes on you.

Nejire: Hey. I heard you up all last night, you get any sleep?

Y/N: Of course I did.

Nejire: Good.

She rolls over you, giving a kiss as she passes over you, before landing on her feet.

Nejire: Alright. C'mon.

You take the hand she offered with a warm smile, always eager for your hand on hers.

Y/N: I'm coming.

She walks out the door, she had definitely been a lot slower since falling for you, much more able to contain her excitement.

In the lounge room was your Christmas tree and stockings, in the tens of presents lining the tree, Nejire immediately went for the chocolates in the stocking, before you grabbed her waist.

Y/N: No chocolate til after breakfast.

She huffs as you say.

Nejire: Just one?

Y/N: Okay. Fine. I'm just worried for you, you'll get full and not eat breakfast.

Nejire: Okay.

She takes one and eats, savouring every second.

Nejire: So good.

Y/N: I'll fix us something and we'll open presents.

After a good breakfast, Nejire dug into her chocolates as you opened your first present.

It was a little tool you'd been trying to find for cheap, something for your favourite hobby.

Another, a hand-drawn version of your first date, our near the pier at night.

Y/N: You draw this yourself?

Nejire: It's not per-

Y/N: I love it.

Nejire: Thanks.

Y/N: Open up one of yours.

What you really meant was all of hers, some of her favourite things, at long last, the smallest, yet most important was before her.

She opened it up and her eyes widened at the small box.

She gasped and asked you,

Nejire: Is this what I think it is?

Y/N: It sure is. Nejire Hado, we've been together for about three years, in that time, I've come to know you as the one person I could be happy spending the rest of my life with, will you marry me?

Nejire had starts in her eyes, before a smile brought on her face with tears of joy trailing from her eyes.

Nejire: Yes! Yes I will! And, now that I've opened this, you should open this.

She slips on the ring as she hands you a present of the same size.

Y/N: I guess you don't need an answer from me.

You slip on the ring inside and you two interlock your fingers, your faces held close.

Y/N: I love you.

Nejire: Love you too.

She leans in as you do, overtaken by the desire for the other, and your lips meet in the middle, holding a kiss for eternity, yet also, only a few seconds.

When she finally pulled back, you both stared into the other's eyes, hands still held.

Nejire: Best Christmas ever.

Y/N: Same here.