Chapter 1

Present day

I got prepared, styling my hair the way I had liked it, and brushing my teeth. I caught myself in the mirror, checking myself out. How am I still single? Anyways.

Jayce suddenly appeared, signalling to me that it was time to leave. I followed him out, grabbing an apple as we passed the kitchen. The sun shone in my eyes the moment I stepped out of our house. Squinting my eyes I caught a glimpse of the academy, far off in the distance. The sound of children playing gleefully filled my ears. Sometimes I'm glad I don't live on the wealthier side of Piltover, cannot imagine how quiet, and ridden of life it must be in those areas.
-

Immediately upon arrival, Viktor was there to greet us, I felt excitement burst in my stomach. My pupils were probably the size of a golf ball.

"Hey Y/N! I've missed you, how are you holding up?" he said, his pout turning into a beaming smile. "I've been alright Vik, missed you too."

More than you missed me I can assume.

Jayce had already gone off to see Mel. He's annoyingly smitten with her.

After a long day of hard work, it was finally time to finish up. I was Heimerdingers assistant, along with Viktor, he was nice and all but very demanding. Every day was a bore though, it was until after work, when Viktor and I would go get some food and relax at one of our spots. Hidden from the rest of Piltover, and yet still having such a gorgeous view of the city.

"Hey Y/N, what should we eat?"

The delicious aromas permeated the air around us, from dozens of food stands and restaurants around.

"Your choice Vik."

He chuckled, "Alright."

As we continued walking, I felt his hand brush against mine. I could feel my face heating up. He hadn't noticed, thankfully. I wish he'd think of me the way I think of him.
After getting our food we walked to our location. A broken down house, 3 stories, with an open terrace. The view over the city was absolutely breathtaking. Still shocked me no matter how many times we had been up there.

Viktor

I snuck a quick glance at Y/N, his beautiful smile lighting up his entire face. Gosh I love him..

We had spent the rest of the night finishing our meals and watching over the city, staring at the stars and pointing out constellations. Usual stuff you'd do on a date, unfortunately Y/N doesn't think of me that way. He'd probably be disgusted knowing how I feel about him. As am I. I'd never really known about same sex relationships existing until recently, I guess I've always thought I just wasn't attracted to people. Always used to reject girls when I was a teenager. They all fawned over me, for some odd reason. I'd never felt flattered, or anything for that matter...until recently. Y/N had been annoying when he was younger and obviously I only saw him as my best friend's younger brother, but over the years we'd become closer and I'd noticed how happy and safe he had made me feel.

"Vik?"

I was awoken from my daze, "Hm?"

"You ok?" Y/N asked, tilting his head.

I stared into his glowing e/c eyes, "Of course. Sorry if I seem out of it, just a bit tired."

"We should get you to bed then, I want you to be well." He said softly, staring at my hands placed on the blanket below us.

I nodded getting up with a hint of struggle, Y/N held my arm and slung it over his shoulder. "I can carry you if you want." He teased.

My eyes widened at the thought. How lovely that would be...no, stop that.

"Shut up, you'd probably drop me immediately."