Drive pt. 2

The door opened to reveal Matty in a black jumper and dark blue jeans behind the wheel of an Aldi. His hair falling all over the place as it did the last time I saw him. He smiled as I fell into the soft leather seat. He looked better, happier than before. Matty leaned forward and I froze, feeling all of a sudden incredibly nervous. He kissed me on the cheek quickly, "nice uniform" he muttered before sitting back slyly. I laughed at how easy Matty could relax me. "yeah well we can't all be rockstars" I counter acted and buckled my seat belt.

We were driving down the motor way on our way back to London. Matty had plugged his phone in and a soft man'a voice was singing away in the background. "Oh he's my mate Ben Leftwich!" Matty had told me when I'd asked.
The sun had broken through the clouds and I glanced at Matty's holding the wheel with one hand, looking so.. content.
"How have you been?" I asked turning in my seat.
"Good, really good actually. After you left I went home for a week. Spent some time with my Brother. It was nice, what I needed" he smiled as he glanced at me.
"And now?" I enquired.
"Now? Now I'm staying in London for a while. Making some more music, doing what I want for a bit.." He seemed optimistic, excited at the prospect.
I remember Matty's face dropping as he talked about his Family. It was good that he felt less alone.
Embankment was flying past, I still hadn't thought to ask Matty where we were going.
"What about you darl?"
I smirked and looked back at his wide eyed expression. "yeah I've been real busy" I replied pointing at my uniform begrudgingly.
Matty chuckled lightly, "Oh!" "I forgot to say there's some clothes in the back."
As promised a neatly folded white loose shirt and jeans sat on the back seat.
"Cool!" I undid my seat belt and climbed in the back, "thanks"
I started to take of my blazer and looked up to see Matty's alarmed expression in the mirror.
"You didn't have too.." He began.
"I'm not leaving this car with you in my school uniform Matty!" I called back. Which was true, if we didn't look strange enough together.
I caught Matty rolling his eyes. "Okay fine, I won't look"
I laughed lightly at how odd those words sounded out of Matty's mouth. I turned around and pulled of my shirt quickly. "I'm sure its nothing you haven't seen before" I muttered before realising I was speaking aloud.

Climbing back in the front I sighed dramatically. "how tight are your jeans Matty?!" He chuckled as he looked at my legs. Matty's shirt was soft and my white Lacey bra was slightly visible through it's sheerness. 'Thank god I wore white' I thought popping my black brogues on again. 'Preppy, not exactly the look I was going for'
"You should be happy their tight on me or they wouldn't fit you!" He joked, I'm sure he got the "tight jeans" thing all the time.
I laughed lightly and touched Matty's thigh without thinking. "I'm kidding, thank you I appreciate it"
We were stopped at a red light. Matty took my hand to his cheek, kissing it softly. The corner of his mouth turning up. "I'm so glad I met you" He said quietly.
With Matty it was so easy, and that worried me more than I could fathom. 'Dont get attached' I tried to tell myself..Failing miserably.
I couldn't help my smile as we pulled into Richmond park. I'd only been here once before, but it's sheer size always excited me.
It was now half 11 and my stomach growled angrily. I usually had my lunch around this time at school.
But i was mostly definitely not at school right now. I was walking next to Matty towards a tree that overlooked a lake. I was thankful for the looseness of the shirt as the odd September sun beat down onto my back. Matty had flipped his sunglasses on and I fought the urge to kiss him every time he said my name.
We collapsed onto the ground, side by side. I stretched out my legs and Matty pulled out bottles of Figi water from his backpack.
"Smart" I noted at his thoughtfulness.
"not just a pretty face" he remarked.
I laughed lightly "Oh I don't know about that.."
Matty pulled a pack of grapes and salted pretzels from his backpack also and popped them next to me.
"Me lady" he waved out his hand theatrically over the snacks.
I smiled, stunned at how wrong you can be about a person. Matty was continuing to surprise me. Yet I couldn't help the feeling that I just didn't deserve it. At all.
Surely there was someone he'd rather be with.

We were lying on the grass. My head on his stomach. His hand resting gently on my arm. Every so often he would run it up and down, sending shivers through my skin.
"What do you wanna do? After school I mean.." He asked breaking the comfortable silence.
"I want to go to university and study psychology. It's just always interested me. And then I guess I want work in the mental health sector." Matty remained silent.
"Oh and I want to travel, live in other places, be happy. The usual." I looked up at the blue sky, the sound of children laughing breaking my day dream. "But I guess that's all any of us want right? To be happy. Sappy as it sounds"
I pulled my self up onto my elbows and looked down at Matty. He had a small knowing smile playing on his lips. His hand moved to brush my cheek lovingly. "You make me happy" he said so only I could hear.
I tore my eyes aware quickly. There were just some things I couldn't comprehend when it came to me and Matty. This being one of them.
"Why me?" I asked, hating the pathetic tone in my voice. Hating how typical I sounded, but not caring because there's something's you just need to know. He held my cheek softly so I looked back at him.
"You don't see it. But you're everything I have been looking for. You're honest and you see me.. As me I guess. I don't see how someone like you could want to spend time with fucked up me of all people! But, I don't want to question it. I just want to be with you as much as I can. Cos it feels right." He spoke so simply. I struggled to understand his ease. "You make me happy Molly. Simple as. It feels so good when your around."
Every word he spoke broke down my barriers. I wanted to write then all down so the beauty of this moment would never leave me. "You don't even know me"
I said quietly. Harsh, but true. The realist edging away.
"Then let me get to know you" he sat up holding hand. "Let me and I promise I won't let you down" I scraped back my hair with my hand, shaking my head slowly. "I don't.." I stuttered, muddled to the nth degree.
"Don't think. Just do what you feel"
I looked at Matty. He seem so sincere, and that expression I wasn't sure of back at the flat. He seemed, hopeful.
I was giving him hope. For whatever reason. "Do what you feel" Matty's words echoed through me, as I was confronted with a choice.

I reached forward on to my knees as he took my face in his hands. Once our lips met, I knew my answer. 'Yes, a thousand times, yes'