16

16 : Walk Out (Truth or Dare)

[ KIM DEJI ]

"So, you're still not over her, Jakey~" Jay continued teasing Jake despite of his near-death experience. I shook my head and looked at Jake.

He has an ex-girlfriend? I didn't expect that. "I have move on, bastard." Jake replied in a stern voice. Jay laughed at his response,

"If you really moved on, you won't react-" Another utensil flew beside Jay. This time, a spoon.

"Just shut that fucking mouth of yours, will you?"

Jay zipped his mouth and nodded. The other just rolled his eyes and looked at me, "Sorry you have to witness that."

I smirked to assure him that I don't mind. We're done eating but they are still busy talking about things which I can't relate, the reason why I keep lowering my head to look at my phone.

"Deji, how about you?"

I lifted my head to look at Jay, "What?" He smirked, "We're going to swim."

I immediately nodded, "Yeah sure."

He covered his mouth to suppress a laugh, "I mean how about you? Do you want to join?"

Of course not!

"I am good." I stood up, "Enjoy yourselves. I am just gonna-"

"How about we'll play a game, instead? I want Deji to join us." Sunghoon butt in and looked at me. I looked back at him with wide eyes.

I swiftly waved both of my hands, "You don't have to mind me. I am all good, I promise. If you all want to swim, you're very much free to do so."

"Yeah, but we want you to join us." Sunghoon replied. The side of his lips rose as he taps the chair beside him, "Sit down."

I gulped and sat down. My eyes got drawn to Heeseung who's intensely staring at Sunghoon, he then looked at me, so I immediately averted my gaze.

"What... is this all about?" Jay whispered, "I am smelling war-"

Jake, on the other hand, elbowed him and told him to shut up.

"You guys are okay with it, right? I suggest the truth or dare game." Sunghoon smiled and looked at his friends one by one before looking at me, "Deji, is it okay with you?"

I nodded hesitantly.

Sunghoon laughed as he fixed his seating position, "Sorry, was I pressuring you? I didn't mean to. I just want to get close-"

"It's okay for me, Sunghoon. Don't worry."

Heeseung scoffed and whispered inaudible words. Jay who's near him chuckled as he whispered something to him which made him creased his forehead even more.

"So, you're okay with me getting close to you?" Sunghoon eyes lit up. I gulped.

"Aren't we close already..."

I could hear Heeseung's snort in front of me. He gave me a sarcastic look. A very sarcastic one that it made me feel bad. Guilt slowly crept inside me.

Sunghoon clapped excitedly and took out an empty bottle. Just when the game is about to start, Heeseung aggressively stood up, leaving the area and leaving us, confused.

Everyone halted as they stared at Heeseung's back until he was no longer visible.

Jay cleared his throat. "Deji, *cough* follow *cough* him."

I furrowed my brows as I looked at him. He nodded and repeated those words again. I shook my head.

Jay raised his brow, "He is mad at you. Go apologize."

"Why would she apologize?" Sunoo interrupted as he stared at Jay coldly.

"Sunoo's right. She did nothing wrong. Heeseung is overreacting." Sunghoon added.