2

Beyoncé laid in the bed and stared up at the ceiling. Out of all people in the world, she just so happen to have ended up with her exes brother. She probably wouldn't have cared if it was any other ex but it was Robyn..

"You don't still have feelings for her do you?" Junior asked out of the blue.

It wouldn't surprise her that he was thinking the same thing she was. She was still having trouble wrapping her mind around it.

"No.. why would you ask that?" She instantly denied the allegations. She didn't want him to feel uncomfortable about anything.

He shrugged his shoulder and leaned over to turn off the lamp.

"The way Robyn used to talk about you seemed like your relationship may have been pretty serious"

She laid her head on his shoulder and stared up at the ceiling. "We were just kids back then"

"Invite her out. I want you two to feel comfortable around each other if we're gonna be together" he kissed her shoulder.

••••

Robyn stayed awake the whole night. She couldn't stop thinking. Beyoncé is dating her little brother. Beyoncé.

She walked out of her hotel room at first light and made her way to her childhood home. It's time she saw her dad.

Her dad looked fully awake. But what was he doing up so early? He walked her to the study so they could talk. He quickly closed a binder and turned off the computer. Robyn looked at him closely. What was that about? He was definitely hiding something but she didn't have time to question what he was up to right now. She needed a job.

"How long you been back?" He started off by saying. He took his reading glasses off and put his full attention on her.

"It's.. been a week, sir" Robyn said lowly.

"So you wait a week before seeing your pop huh?"

"Papa.."

"Don't papa me. What is it you want? It has to be something or else you wouldn't have come"

Robyn rolled her eyes.

"Mind your eyes, soldier" his words were short as he told her to thread carefully.

Robyn gulped and nodded. "I came because I wanted my spot back on the force"

He raised his eyebrows as his lips curved into a condescending smile.

"Done being an army girl now?"

"Temporarily, yes" she said choosing to ignore his sly comment about her being in the military.

"Well there's nothing I can do for you. I'm retired" he shrugged.

"So you're telling me you have no connection to anyone with authority there?"

He was the chief of police for 15 years. She knew that he still had some type of power.

He frowned his lips. "I don't appreciate you coming here asking for favors when you quit on me as soon as I got you there!"

"I didn't quit dad. I was serving my country"

"Bullshit! That girl broke your heart like I always told you she would and you bolted like a coward" he pointed at her as his lips snarled. "You can't handle failure"

"You're wrong" Robyn denied and she'll keep denying. The moment she admit to that that's all he'll see her as and she was more than that.

"Am I?" He questioned as he leaned forward.