8

It's been a month since Robyn has seen Beyoncé. She followed through on what she said about giving her space. Beyoncé deserved to be happy. Robyn just needed to find that happiness with someone else, or something else.

She buried herself in work mostly. She put in extra hours at the precinct just because she didn't wanna come home to a empty bed. It was depressing.

She didn't have any friends and she was currently avoiding her family so she was once again, alone.

It was getting towards the end of her shift and she was patrolling the streets in her new squad car. She was about to call it a night and head back to the precinct but something caught her eye.

"Parrish"

Luckily she didn't spot the car or else she would've started running again. And Robyn knew she didn't have the speed to catch up with her.

Robyn parked the car this time, making sure she locked it and took the keys with her. She wasn't exactly sure where Kehlani was going but she wasn't gonna lose her. She still had to get her back for messing up her car.

"Where are you going?" She said to herself as she followed the mysterious girl. She made sure to keep a safe distance from her as she lead her to an abandoned warehouse.

This must be the place Kehlani goes to sell her stolen cars. This would be a big bust for Robyn if she was to catch them, but she couldn't do it alone. From the looks of it, she was already outnumbered.

She'll just come back with backup another day. She patiently waited for Kehlani to come back out.

Kehlani came running out the warehouse with two men chasing after her.

She ran right into Robyn's arms. Robyn didn't hesitate to grab her. She wasn't about to let her escape again.

"Yo it's the cops!" Some man said warning the others. They all ran in the other direction.

Damnit. Robyn mentally cursed herself. There goes her potential bust.

"You were following me?" Kehlani asked as Robyn threw the cuffs on her.

"How was I supposed to know you was up to no good" Robyn said. Judging by the men she was running from, she probably did something stupid.

"I'm always up to no good"

Robyn shook her head as she walked her to the car. She can't lie, that was true. She knew kehlani since before the academy. Trouble was basically her middle name. She could never stay away from it. Robyn wasn't sure if she even tried to.

She put her in the back of the squad car and got in the drivers seat. Robyn picked up her phone and saw that she had a few missed calls from Onika. She hit the redial button and put her phone up to her ear.

"Hey, I've been trying to get a hold of you" Nicki said as she answered the call.

"Yea, sorry. I got caught up dealing with some stuff. What's up?"

"I found something on your birth parents"

Robyn sat up at full attention. It's been so long she forgot she asked Nicki to do some digging.

"What you got?"

"I got an address"

Onika gave Robyn the address of where her birth parents are staying. It was a forty five minute drive from where she was. If she was to leave right now she'd probably catch them before it got too late out. She had to see them. She grabbed Kehlani from out the back of the car and un-cuffed her.