7. EMOTIONS

Charlotte's POV

I reached the café and ordered. I received a call from Sherley, my secretary. I told her that I will reach on time. I finished the food and left in hurry. I reached the office and saw Sherley waiting for me at the reception. "Good morning boss! It's good to see you!" Sherley said. "Same here Sherley. Let's go." I said and we walked to my cabin.

We both took a seat. Sherley is going to brief me about what all had happened in the business in last 1 month. It took us 2 hours. In the 2nd half I have a meeting and I need to be prepared for it. I called the concerned persons and took their help for it. They explained me everything, so that I can explain it to the clients.

It was lunch time and I had lunch. After that the meeting was there. Sherley said that the clients are here. I left with her to the conference room. the meeting started at around 2.30 p.m. The meeting was long and turned out to be the way it was expected by our company. We were able to get the 5 bn Novians deal.

It was a celebration time and the staff wanted it. So, we all went out to a club. We all enjoyed very much. It was after a long time that I had this much fun. It was around 9 p.m. when I left, While my staff was still there enjoying. I was little drunk, so I called my driver to drive me home.

I reached home and opened the door with my keys. I removed my clothes and threw them on the floor. I was on my bra and underwear. I walked to my room. The door was open. I pushed it a little and saw Veronica, my wife, talking on phone and crying. 

She was talking with her mom, as I was able to hear her speaking

She was talking with her mom, as I was able to hear her speaking. "Mom, she doesn't like me. Hell, she doesn't even want me. Since we married, she has been out all the time, never coming home. I know that she didn't want this marriage, but this isn't my fault. When she comes tonight, I am going to ask her for divorce." She said to her mom and I was all shocked after hearing it. But should I be? She was all right. I was ignoring her, not only ignoring, but also avoiding her. I saw her at the café, but pretended that I didn't. I think that just made her do this.

"I am not the kind of girl she would want. I am not beautiful like her, not sexy, uneducated waitress. She doesn't find me attractive, neither she wants to be with me. So, I am just going to ask her for divorce, once she shows up." She said and ended the call. I was not ready to have this conversation. So, I walked inside the room and fell on bed and went to sleep. She called me 2-3 times, but I pretended to be sleeping. She got up from the bed, put my legs that were touching the floor on the bed. She put the quilt on me and left. I was totally surprised. She was all angry and how come she was taking care of me.

She got out from the bathroom, and walked out of the room and switched off the lights. She went to the living room and lied on the couch, as I saw this after 5 minutes, when she had left the bedroom. I was feeling very bad for her. I went back to my room and slept. I tried to sleep but couldn't, as I was thinking about Veronica.

Veronica's POV

I was very much upset because of what happened at the café. I came home. I didn't eat as I was not in mood. I called my mom and told her about everything. I told her that I wanted a divorce. She kept on explaining me that she must be busy. I couldn't sleep last night.