21. A Tragic Incident

Charlotte's POV

All the day I was feeling guilty for Veronica. It was because of me that Emma put her in prison. I know that it wasn't because Veronica hit me, but because the maid saw me getting slapped and that's what triggered Emma.

I was not able to concentrate on my work and I was late at the office. I received a message from Emma that she has released Veronica and she is on her way to the palace.

I was relaxed reading the message and I sent a message to Emma with lots of kisses and a big thank you

I was relaxed reading the message and I sent a message to Emma with lots of kisses and a big thank you. She can't be angry for a long time. I was about to leave when the VP- Finance came and requested for an urgent meeting. I wanted to deny him, but he insisted as it was important. I asked him to have it in a café, as I was bored in the office.

The meeting went on for almost couple of hours. I had few calls, which I didn't attend. I checked my phone and they were from my secretary, my mom, dad, Misha and Emma. I don't get a call from all of them at a time. I was afraid for my dad.

I was about to call him and I got a call from Emma. I quickly picked it up.

Charlotte: Hey babe! Is everyone alright? Is my dad alright?

Emma: Charlotte. Your dad's fine. We all are fine, but.

Charlotte: (Listening about my dad gave me a relief, but Emma called me Charlotte. She never calls me by my name, until she is angry or tensed or serious.) But what Emma! What is it? (There was tension building up).

Emma: (Taking a long pause)

Charlotte: Damn it, Emma! Tell me! I am getting tensed.

Emma: Where are you? I am coming to get you.

Charlotte: I am at the Sasha's Café. I am on my way to the palace. Just tell me what is it?

Emma: Just be there and wait for me. I am coming to get you and don't pick up anyone's call!

Charlotte: But why?

Emma: Just be there and wait for me. I am on my way to get you.

Charlotte: Okay. (Before I could anything else and she hung up the phone.)

"Why she doesn't want me to pick up any calls?" I said to myself.

Emma's POV

After getting Charlotte's location, I immediately headed towards her. I was there in no time. Before my guards could get out and open my door, I opened it and went out. My guards came running towards me and surrounded the area for my protection.

 My guards came running towards me and surrounded the area for my protection