Symbolizes

POV: Hunter

"But what did they find in a burnt house?!" Jewel asked, being oddly excited. 
"I don't know...Jewel, are you all right?" Hayley asked, being in the driver's seat. Dona and I were forced to sit in the back on our way to the mansion. 

"But-"
"You're hungry, aren't you?" I said, leaning forward to her. She eye-rolled and grumped. I let out a chuckle as Hayley did too. I pulled out a small bag of sandwiches and gave it to Jewel. She soon became a happy kid and ate her food. 

"The cop said the pieces of evidence were restored as they were a little damaged...It must be important." Dona said and looked through his phone. I nodded to him. An hour or so before we got in the car, he told me that the police called. 

He has been acting a little weird by not looking at me in the eyes that often. "She didn't by any chance call us at the station, right? That would be a mess-Jewel!" Hayley said as Jewel started coughing. 

Hayley pulled over near a tree, letting Jewel out and she ran towards the tree, soon puking her guts out. I got out and helped her with it. We both got back to the car after she was finished. "Dona, get in the front," I said to him.

"Pregnant women puke a lot it seems." He said and made a weird face, wait no! That's his normal face. I eye-rolled and sat in the back seat with Jewel. 

"You feel ok now?" I asked her before she laid her head on my lap. 
"I feel tired and...nauseous...morning sickness it must be." She said and I caressed her head. 
"Sleep then, we still have an hour's drive left," Hayley said. 

Jewel nodded and snuggled in my stomach, resting herself. Pregnancy has been taking a toll on her, her body is already weak. I rubbed her back as she drifted to slumber. 

POV: Hayley

I pulled over at the mansion's gate and saw two security guards. I got out of the car with Donato and Hunter as Jewel still slept in the backseat. They asked to check us and they did, I was so grateful my shoes didn't have hidden knives today. 

"Mr. Armani?" A female cop approached her and shook hands with Donato. "Officer Gilbert here, this way." She said. Hunter and I looked at each other as we followed Donato, who followed the cop. 

"You're not like your friend right?" Hunter asked. 
"Why do you ask?" I replied. 
"Because you are looking too closely at Donato and that lady." He said. 
"I'm not jealous." 
"I never said you were." He said.

I eye-rolled and stood beside them near a tall table. "She said she is bringing the proofs." I nodded and whispered to Hunter. 

"It's horrible to be jealous when you don't want to be." 
"Told ya, just like Jewel. Wait, I'm just going to get her here." He said and left to bring Jewel. 
"What were you two talking about?" Donato asked me, grabbing my arm. 

"Nothing...just weird stuff." I chuckled and grabbed his hand. "Why are you so tensed?" I asked him.
"Aren't you? Coming back at the house you once lived in...and lost everything in one moment." He said and sighed as I frowned. 

"I just don't look at the main door...it makes things come back." He nodded and grabbed my chin before pecking and pulling onto my lips. I pecked him back and the cop came back. She placed a plastic bag on the table and wore her gloves. 

Then she pulled out some pieces of glass, a broken wristlet, and a small coin-like thing. "We found these pieces of glass near the bar table, this bracelet near the couch, almost under it, and this small coin-like thing at the lamp table near the couch."

We both took a look at all of the shreds of proof in front of us. "This bracelet...can it be identified?" Donato asked. 
"I can give it to the forensics. Can one of you identify this coin?" The cop said looking at me.