enchanted to meet you

02

When Jungkook first met Lalisa, it wasn't love at the first sight. They didn't even spare each other a second glance--though honestly, it was much messier than that. It included a bad impression, a fake name, a cheating ex-girlfriend, and tons of misunderstanding.

It was one night that changed everything between the once two unfamiliar hearts. A night which Jungkook could never erase for it has been immortalized in his memory.

3 YEARS AGO

A girl drinking chocolate milk was smoking in front of the no smoking sign.

Does she not notice the sign, is she crying for attention, or is she just being ignorant, Jungkook didn't really know. But between the three possibilities, the first one was already off the list because who would smoke inside a room full of people? Ignorant? Possibly. But he’d go with the second option, only because of the chocolate milk. Why that instead of a beer? There were still plenty of them served on the table.

“What are you looking at?” his friend, Minghao, asked while following the direction of his stare. It landed on a girl wearing a long black satin dress with a slit that reaches up to her mid-thigh. It was paired up with a leather jacket, the same color. Her long black hair flowed down messily while in contrast her see-through bangs were perfectly combed. His eyes followed down her figure until it stopped at the Doc Martens she had put on. He thought that she’d wear heels.

“You’re done checking her out?”

Jungkook turned to his friend after taking a sip of his beer, the other hand shoved into his pocket.

“She’s hot. Do you know her?” Minghao added.

Jungkook just shook his head, clearly uninterested. She seemed okay, but nothing about her really stood out to him. Not even her doll-like eyes. His mind was already occupied by something else—or someone else, to be exact, who honestly was not deserving of even a bit of his attention. Not anymore.

Minghao’s eyes were still glued to the girl who was now pressing a cigarette between her lips, taking a long drag, before exhaling familiar white clouds.

“Didn’t notice that earlier," Minghao commented.

Jungkook snorted. “Still thinking she’s hot?”

“Why, yes. Just a bit ignorant, that’s all,” Minghao nudged his elbow. “I’ll go educate her.”

But before he left his spot, Jungkook stopped him, making the other guy frowned in confusion. “No need to,” he said. “I think she’s got the message.”

Minghao looked at his friend, noticing that Jungkook and the girl have their eyes locked. Squirming under his intense gaze, she quickly stubbed out her cigarette before awkwardly ran away towards the glass doors which lead to the balcony. Once she was out, Jungkook showed Minghao an apologetic smile. “Sorry. You still have a chance though. Follow her.”

“A chance for what?” Jaehyun appeared, a mutual friend of both, standing on Jungkook’s left. “Follow who? What did I miss?”

“No one important,” Minghao faced him, forgetting the girl. “You just got here?”

“I arrived like fifteen minutes ago. Talked to Mingyu downstairs, he said your girl is not coming?” he directed the question to Jungkook.

Ex-girl, Jungkook wanted to correct. But since it was supposed to be a joyful celebration, a lie instead ran freely through his mouth.