Part Forty Three

(I re-edited this story. Also sorry that this story isn't the best. It's one of my first two😅I'm trying to improve on my other stories. So if you don't enjoy this one go check out another one of mine.~𝓐 🤍)

Jo's POV.

A month has passed and Stella is now two months old. Today is the day that Rafe is leaving. We're just sitting on my bed.

"You okay?"
'Yeah'
"Liar. What's wrong princess?"

He looks at me.

'How am I gonna do this without you?'
"You're Josie you'll figure it out princess and plus you'll do great while I'm gone. I'll be back in a year or two."
'I'll just miss you.'

He puts his hand on my face.

"I'll miss you too princess but if I don't do this now who knows when I'll ever get help."
'I know. I'm not trying to stop you. I'll just miss you.'
"I'll call whenever I can, okay?"
'Okay.'
"Make sure Stella doesn't forget me."
'I won't. You're her dad technically.'
"I like that."

He kisses my head. We get up. I grab Stella and he grabs his bags. We walk out of my room. We go outside where everyone else is.

"Hey Rafe?"
"Yeah?"
"I'm proud of you."
"Thanks Sarah."

We get into his truck. He starts to drive to the docks where he is meeting the person who is taking him there.

"Hey baby?"
'Yes?'
"Will you take care of my truck and home while I'm gone?"
'Yeah sure.'
"The key to the house is on this keychain with my car keys. You can always move in you know."
'I'll take good care of both.'

I smile.

"Also take care of yourself baby."
'I will don't worry. Hey I love you.'
"I love you too princess."

He smiles. We drive to the docks. We both get out. I get Stella. He gets his bags and we walk to where the guy is. We walk up to a man.

"You must be Rafe? I'm George. I work at the psych ward in LA. Who do you have with you?"
"Oh this is my.."
'Girlfriend Josie. And our daughter Stella.'

I smile and so does Rafe.

"Beautiful family, you got."
"It is, isn't it."
"I'm sorry to say but we have to go now. Say your goodbyes. I'll give you time."

Rafe hands him the bags and he puts them in the boat. I hand Rafe Stella. He kisses her head and pulls me into a hug. He whispers.

"Would you like to be my girlfriend?"
'I would love to.'

We pull away.

"I love you."
'I love you too.'
"Oh yeah, here's our little girl."

I smile. He hands her back to me.

'Hey stay safe okay?'
"I will baby don't you worry. You stay safe too okay?"
'I will.'

He kisses me.

"Come visit if you ever can."
'I'll try my best baby.'
"Again I love you."
'I love you too.'

He kisses me again and pulls back.