Living With Pain

I have muscle spasms caused by excessive nerve damage/malfunction from unintentionally consuming highly toxic poisonous substances combined with injuries sustained early in life. The muscle spasms come by form of episodes lasting periods of varying lengths of time, and with an ever changing number of random spasms of varying intensity that can happen anywhere in my body at any time...

I take take meds that help the condition by essentially weakening the signal sent to, and received by the nerves by blocking them, but it only does so much... At any given time, any one, of a number of cerebral or spinal related muscles can begin to get these spasms which means at any given time I can have a Grand Mal Seizure, it's the only kind of seizure the spasms have caused...

The primary problematic side effect of the condition would be the instances where the spasms repeatedly affect the same specific muscle, spasming multiple times and causing a painful cramp initially, but it rapidly gets progressively worse if, when I've finished relieving the muscle cramp, the same muscle then gets another rapid series of additional spasms. it's not a pleasant situation when you have 5+ various muscles cramping up for the 6th or 7th time in the span of about 6 hours or so, especially during the night...

My poor wife, often times, is suddenly woken up in the late hours of the night, by the horrifying sounds of me screaming in absolute agony from the more intense episodes... Honestly, what I'd refer to as a moderate episode, where the most affected muscles only cramp like 3 or so times total, is basically the regular daily occurrence, whilst I get extreme episodes like I described about once or twice a week, not counting one of the top 3 single most horrific pain centered experiences in my life, which was caused by the worst episode I've ever had which was seemingly endless, excruciating, whole body spasms and cramps, as well as 3 massive seizures that didn't cause the episode to end, this nightmare episode didn't stop tearing me apart for 12 days, 3 of which I tried to handle it on my own and the remaining 9 days spent in the ICU at the hospital. This experience I leave out of the equation because it only ever happened once. .. Knowing that, I will also add that a year ago I was taking:

300mg Gabapentin 3x daily
2mg Alprazolam 3x daily
10/325 Oxycodone up to 4x daily
60mg Roxanol twice daily
(Before the Roxanol (Morphine) the had me on 500mg Pain-O-Soma capridosol tablets 2x daily)
800mg ibuprofen as needed (useless)

I take more meds altogether than just those but the other meds are irrelevant in the subject so I'm leaving those out.... I eventually discovered a useful alternative that legitimately is a little bit more effective than the excessive amount of narcotics I was talking, narcotics that they would never deny me, which isn't a good thing, I, just like any normal person, always want the pain muffled 100% of the time and of course, from doing that I got extremely addicted to the opiates paired with the benzodiazepines (and that's a whole separate piece of future literature that may end up on here in time).. Anyway I decided I was no longer a fan of my med combination and when I hit an extreme low in life due to the narcotics, I embarked on the journey to get out of hell... I weened off each individual med slowly and only 1 at a time until I was satisfied...

It really turned out great in the end, off of that list I previously wrote out I only currently take:

300mg Gabapentin as needed up to 3x daily
Delta 8 THC (Flower or Gummies) as needed

Literally... Thats it... It was a massive life accomplishment... The Delta 8 outperforms the copious amounts of opiates even when combined with benzos... So it was a smart move.. And has stopped the standard downward slope of declining health from opiate use, and has instead been slowly allowing me to heal.

Hopefully I don't disappoint you in saying this, but that was all I got for you, thanks for reading. (Sober Time - Opiates + Benzos = 3 Years / Sober Time - Meth Amphetamines - 2 Years)

-TrevorMCx92