#01

you pick at the roses, counting each puddle, " one, two, three, four, five " as you counted, you heard the church bell ring

you pick at the roses, counting each puddle, " one, two, three, four, five " as you counted, you heard the church bell ring. "oh shoot, I forgot, antonio gets his gift today"

you quickly ran to your house, you lived with your abuela and two older brothers, as you quickly changed into a sage green dress that had white flowers at the bottom.

you quickly put on your shoes and walked out seeing your abuela and older brothers waiting for you outside, "you ready mi neita?" your abuela asked, you nodded, you both walked to the casita, where the madrigal lived, a bunch of people where there, those who didn't have gifts.

you walked in, beautiful flowers were all ever the place, the place was beautifully decorated, lights was hanging up and the doors shined bright, " mi neita, why don't you go meet the madrigals " your abuela said, "okay abuela"

as you walked around, looking at the detail throughout the casita, running your fingers through the walls, " like it ? " a voice said behind you, you look at them, "yeah it's a pretty cool house, with a lot of detail" you responded, they nodded, "what's your name ?" you asked.

"I'm mirabel madrigal, and you are ?" "I'm y/n candella, it's nice to meet you mirabel," you said, sticking your hand out for her to shake, which she gladly accepted.

you guys spoke for a bit, she told you the story about how she didn't get her gift, and how her family ignores, you felt bad for the poor girl, you didn't know how much pain she's been through feeling as though she's the burden in her family.

"I'm so sorry mirabel, I didn't know you've gone through, especially since your family is "the miracle" of encanto," you said, eating the arepa from your plate, "oh no no it's fine, I'm honestly totally fine, we should go Antonio ceremony is about to start and you need to go with your family," mirabel said.

you stood beside your family, waiting for Antonio to walk towards his door, he looked scared, you frowned but soon mirabel took his hand and walked him towards the shiny door, in a blink of an eye the door started to glow, you looked an awe, smiling, soon animals barged in making there way to antonio.

after the ceremony, everyone went upstairs to Antonio's room including your family, you decided to stay down, already feeling exhausted, you sat at the dinner table, looking at the family tree.

"bruno, who's bruno-" suddenly a girl came in, she had black locks and a beautiful purple dress with flowers around it, "we don't talk about Bruno" she said with a glare, "oh um I'm sorry" you apologized, "it's fine, who are you anyway ?" she asked with an eyebrow raised.

"I'm y/n candella" you introduced yourself, you stuck at your hand which she didn't accept, you quickly pulled your hand away, almost sweating in embarrassment.

"I'm isabela madrigal, now let me tell you something," she said, stepping closer, you looked up at her features, she was a pretty girl, a really pretty girl, your stomach felt weird, but you didn't know what it was.

before isabela could tell you anything, mirabel was heard yelling, isabela walked aways towards the commotion.

"oh thank goodness" you sighed rubbing your forehead, you decided it was best to leave since it was midnight by now.

you said goodbye to mirabel and left for your house, changing into comfortable clothes, you fell on your bed, sighing.

"hmm, who's Bruno ?"

I know isabela seems a bit mean to y/n, buttt it's apart of the storyline I promise she will be more nicer in the next chapter !