Chapter 4: You're Not A Dog

°•• ×∆× ••°

°•• ×∆× ••°

TW: - N/A  - [If Any That I Might Have Missed, Please Tell Me]

°•• ×∆× ••°

Sitting quietly in the moving car watching as the world moved by, I held my koala close making the non-attached crown tilt to the side. The feeling in my stomach grew as time went on, till the point, I started subconsciously scratching at my newly put bandages. 'I'm not mentally prepared for this. . .' I thought as what was happening sunk in, I was leaving the orphanage again to live with people I don't know. Phil seems nice but he could be misleading me, Casey did say she knew and trusted him, while Mike seemed to like him. The last time Mike lashed out and refused to let the last family adopt me, I was never told why, they seemed like okay people. I trust Mike's decision though, I also trust Casey, so all I can do is give this family a chance. 

Comforted with my decision I start to feel less nervous, in case something was to happen I map out the world around me in case I need to run back. Hopefully, I won't need to, sighing I look down at the stuffy in my arms, I could feel myself become less tense as I remembered what I named them. 

"Casey?"

'Nod'

"You're naming you koala after me. . ."

'Nod'

"Oh,"

Casey held a hand to her face as her eyes went watery. I watched confused as she started to cry for the third time today? Mike sighed as he walked over and wrapped an arm around her, I could hear Phil's quiet chuckle behind me.

We stood in the parking lot in front of the orphanage, we were saying our goodbyes till Casey asked if I had decided what to call my stuffy.

Looking over to Phil, whose wings weren't out anymore, he held a hand over his mouth as he chuckled. Looking back to the duo, Casey was now crying into Mikes's chest while he gave her an awkward pat on the back. He had a look of disgust as he did, his tail swayed with a twitch while his ears flattened listening to Casey's mumbles.

"Come on Casey this is a bit ridiculous,"

"B-but my my baby i-is grow-growing up.!"

"Casey, you knew this day was coming, you gave Phil the papers,"

"B-but- but she. . . my babyyy!!"