Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven (Seth)

I had a really bad feeling in the pit of my stomach.

I seemed to be getting it a lot nowadays, particularly because of a certain someone that I had never meant to like.

Anthony Stewart was like a drug.

He was tempermental. He was a drunk. His self-esteem was nearly non-existent and he had the social skills of someone who was very used to being alone. If it had been anyone else, I would have never let that person into my house or around my brother, especially. I would've thrown him out. I didn't want someone like that around Taylor, no matter how irritating or rude Taylor could be. Being around drunks reminded us of something that really shouldn't be in our heads anymore.

And yet, whenever I looked at Anthony, I felt like he was hoping someone would save him. He couldn't save himself. He was hoping someone else would, but he behaved as if no one had ever bothered or wanted to. It was almost like he was slowly giving up on everything.

I had had hope when he came over the other night. I was overjoyed when he said he was sober and when he only had a little bit of the alcohol. And when he asked me save him, in his own special way of course, I couldn't resist.

He was addicting.

He could be as mean and stubborn as he wanted, but it didn't matter. I could still remember the way his hands felt on my body, our mouths, the way he felt when I penetrated a place he was very reluctant to give up to just anyone, the look on his face like he was desperate to feel. He wanted to get warm.

He was always so cold.

He needed someone to warm him up.

And I was happy to do that. I had no idea why I felt so much about this guy. And the way we met wasn't exactly the greatest either.

Taylor had brought him over and I hadn't even known about it until the guy burst into the bathroom just as I was getting out of the shower, just so he could vomit. It was a sight that would've turned most people off instantly and made them retaliate in disgust... Yet, I couldn't find it in myself to be angry or disgusted with him.

When he had looked at me in the ultimate humiliation, I felt sorry for him. It got even worse when I met eyes with him. He could be as tough as he wanted, but the pain in his eyes was so obvious that he might as well have it written on his forehead.

Anthony had just been waiting so long to be saved that he'd given up. He didn't even have the motivation to save himself.

"He should've been here by now." I muttered, biting at the end of my thumb as I bounced my knee up and down nervously, glancing at the door. Taylor leaned on the wall nearby in an oversized college sweatshirt he stole from one of his old boyfriends, holding a mug of hot chocolate in his hands.

"Gotta admit, I'm a little worried myself." He agreed, frowning as he glanced out the window at the snow that poured down in waves, coating the streets in a thick layer of white. There were only two or three cars on the streets now and they drove at a safe fifteen miles an hour. Something in me told me that Anthony wouldn't drive that slow.

"I'm going to go look for him." I stated, getting to my feet. Taylor frowned, pushing off the wall.

"I want to look too." He said firmly, making me blink and turn to look at him in annoyance. He was behaving the same way he had the last time I actually dated someone for a while. He wanted Anthony and I could see it everytime Anthony was around, but I wasn't about to let that happen.

Taylor was my brother, yes. We'd been together all our lives and through the deaths of our parents and our aunt and uncle, through break ups, fist fights, and everything else. I could be a little overprotective too, even I had to admit that, however, I knew when Taylor was chasing something he shouldn't.