Chapter Two

Chapter Two (Anthony)

I woke up with the worst hangover ever.

My whole body ached and I felt a dull throbbing within my temples that began to spread out to my jaw. I twisted my head to the side against a soft, fluffy pillow. I moaned in pain, but relieved that I was warm and cuddled down in blankets. I felt them sliding against my skin as I twisted my legs against them.

I wanted to open my eyes because I felt something bright shining across them, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to. It'd only make my headache worse. I just settled for yawning quietly, tilting my head back against the pillows as I rolled over, dragging the blankets up against me. I was ready to go back to sleep when I heard something beep.

I groaned and pulled the blankets over my head for a moment before I stopped in mid-movement.

My eyes flew open and I shot upright in bed, then paused to grasp both sides of my head. I curled my knees to my chest, hissing past clenched teeth in pain. I winced, peering my eyes open again to see that I was lying on a large bed that was shoved in one corner of the room, but at an angle that faced the bedroom door.

The room was very neat and clean with a bookshelf built into one of the walls, revealing rows upon rows of books ranging from fiction to non-fiction. The window was just a little bit off to the left of the bed, leaving to a small, walk-in closet. On the same wall as the closet was a small desk, holding a laptop and an empty coffee mug.

Actually, now that I noticed it, I could smell the heavy scent of coffee in the air that beckoned me. I debated that, though.

What happened last night?

I scrunched my nose up, reaching up to ruffle my hair away from my face as I tried hard to remember the last thing and work from there. I remembered getting the notice from the school that I was being suspended for my court hearing. I remember the slip that meant I had AA meetings every Wednesday... What was today anyway?

No, not the point.

Point is something happened last night and I ended up in someone's bed.

And odds were that this person was going to hate me.

I took a deep breath and rolled to the side of the bed, leaning over to search for my clothes as I realized that I was also naked.

Oh yeah, this person was really going to hate me.

I sat back on the bed, grimacing as I scanned around for my clothes, but there was no sign of them anywhere. No jeans, no jacket, no shirt. Not even my wallet was somewhere.

Okay, never mind. Odds were that I was now hating this person.

I took deep even breathes, but that didn't seem to calm me down any either. I wanted to punch something, but these fluffy blue and black pillows didn't belong to me. Unfortunately.

Gah, stop panicking, Anthony. This isn't the first time this has happened to you. You just need to get a phone and call someone.

Oh yeah, and who would that be? My friend, Inviso-Bill?

I groaned in frustration and the hangover was making it worse. I wanted to curl up into a ball under the thick, warm blankets and just hide away from the world, but that would only make the person I slept with think I gave a rat's ass about them.

And the worst part? I probably would give a rat's ass about them before they realized I was psychotic.

I took a deep breath again before the bedroom door opened and I jumped, grabbing the blankets to cover myself. My jaw dropped when I recognized a college student standing in the doorway with a tray, complete with a mug of coffee and pancakes with scrambled eggs and sausages. He was wearing a cute graphic t-shirt with a killer bunny on the front and torn jeans.