Adam Banks : His Stupid Face

*  You are knew to the mighty ducks team since the junior goodwill games are coming soon. 

*You are fed up with your teammate Banksy since you and him share the same position and you feel like you always have to compete with him about who's the better center position. 

I start practice with the ducks and I lock eyes with Adam. "His stupid face makes me angry" I thought to myself. "But maybe his stupid face is..kinda cute?" I paused and shook my head free of these thoughts of Adam appearing in my mind. "Alright guys, let's start with warmups as usual". Bombay blew his whistle..

We break out into small groups and of course I get put into a group with Banksy. This should be very interesting to say the least. "Hey y/n" I turn my head and look at Adam who was closer to me than I thought. "Hey Banksy" I said with a small smile. I really hope he takes this practice easy on me. The stress of trying to keep my spot on the team is starting to affect me terribly. Myself, Adam, Charlie, and Averman were put in the small group for warmups which was weird because Averman was never grouped with me ever. During drills, Adam kept trying to mess me up while I was trying to work on my puck work and shooting skills. He subtly would try and trip me and make little remarks about my so called klutzy behavior. "Watch yourself  Y/N" Adam said while trying not to laugh. I have had enough and something needs to be done now.

"Look Adam Banks, Yes I said your full name you little shit, I am sick and tired of you always making jokes and purposely getting me to mess up during practice. I always have to compete for my spot on the ice because everyone thinks you are better than me anyway". My eyes began to water and a lump formed in my throat. "I didn't move across the country to come here and have you ruin everything and make me out to be some kind of joke in front of the team"! my heart was racing as intense anger rose through my body. 

"Y/N I'm so sorry I didn't mean to make you feel bad about who you are and who you are as a player". Adam pulls me aside during out ten minute break that coach Bombay let us take. I tried to believe his words but I looked into his face again and saw that he really meant every word of it. "Banksy, thank you but I feel like I will never play because coach likes how you play more, and me being new and all.." I start to cry again not even trying to hide it. Adam pulls me into an unexpected hug. "I didn't know that this was actually affecting you. You mean a lot to all of us, including me". I raised your eyebrow in confusion. "I mean a lot to you"? Adam wipes my tear stained cheeks and nods his head in agreement. Suddenly Adam looks at my lips and back into my eyes. We are about too kiss but were interrupted by coach signaling us to continue practice. Adam smiles at me and grabs my hand. We make our way back to the team and Adam gives me one more glance that put butterflies in my stomach. I rest my head on Adams side and grab his arm from a position that no one could notice. Maybe things will get better.

thanks for reading ! more to come