chapter 1

moving to korea brought a huge shock for 16 year old shuhua. the young maiden had literally and metaphorically dragged her feet the day her and her parents moved from taipei to seoul. she had friends there; tzuyu was there; her whole family was there. who cares if her dad had been offered a higher paying position if they moved abroad?

shuhua felt a twinge of sadness erupt in her stomach whilst telling the news about her moving.

she immediately felt estranged after landing. she even noticed that the air in korea smelt different from what she was used to. being surrounded by foreign faces in a foreign land where a scarcely population spoke a single word made shuhua felt lonely. the only words she knew was "hello," "yes," "no," "thank you," and some pick up lines which she favourably learnt either from a few transfer students half a year ago or korean dramas.

a month after, shuhua was already three weeks into attending the local school. she still hated it as much as the first time she'd stepped foot into these type of establishments though she was familiar with the school. the blaring noises of students in the canteen, the annoying hormones of boys and girls in the toilet; which she accidentally ran into after pe class, and the strict teachers who were eating her up for her pronounciations.

her previous and current local school was pretty much alike. nevertheless, the students in korea was way wilder.

despite all that, she managed to make two friends on the first week. both foreigners. the principal had decided that since there were a decent amount of foreigners enrolling every year, they might as well made separate classes for them.

startling out her stoning by a loud whine, a question followed.

"do you think hyuna is hotter or kai?" yuqi probed, turning her figure towards shuhua.

"definitely hyuna!" the tallest amongst them all shouted as she dropped the metal utensils onto the steel plate.

"no! have you even seen kai?!"

"yes to that, but we're talking about hyuna! that hyuna!"

the youngeset sighed and ran a hand down her face and pinched the bridge of her nose before asking the both of them to lower their noise as onlookers kept glancing at their table.

poking her rice using her spoon, she released another sigh. grasping the attention of her friends with the meloncholic mood that was expelling out of shuhua.

"you okay?" minnie asked, placing her left hand on the girl's shoulders.

"i am. i feel homesick." of someone.  she never adds.

minnie looked at the girl who sat opposite her with a knowing look as they both nod, her hand never leaving where she placed them.

"it's normal! we feel that sometimes too. how bout we hold a drinking party tonight! the three of us." yuqi made an around the world with her hands.

leaving minnie baffled.

"she's 16!" yelled minnie while pointing at shuhua with furrowed brows.

shuhua was about to butt in till a senior prefect smote their table obtaining more pairs of eyes towards them.

behind the senior prefect was the lower ranking ones, or you can call them normal prefects.

"will the three of you keep your mouth shut?! why is it always the three of you? don't you know noise pollution increases our stress levels? the final is coming up in a month and it would be very much appreciated if you guys either lower down your volume or get the fuck outta here." the woman jabbered in a breath, leaving the three girls with an opened mouth.