𝙱𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚂𝚒𝚍𝚎d

Slightly Mature Content Up Ahead

_____________________________
~Alex~

I stood still in the weapon room. My eyes locked with every gun,  knife, grenade, and whatever else was in there. I couldn't say anything. I didn't know what to say. I thought that he was lying. Bluffing. But when he took me down to the basemen, opened a locked door, and showed me these things that could take a person's life away in an instant, I believed him. It scared me. I was scared. Not for me, but for him. I didn't want this. I didn't ask for this. But maybe it was too late, because I wasn't going to turn back. No. That's for pussies. Part of me thought that these weapons were fake. That they just looked realistic. But I knew that wasn't the truth.

"You can leave anytime you want." Kenji broke the silence. "Because being in this family is dangerous. It's a risk. I want you to be safe. You're not safe at your house. You're not going to be safe in some group home. You're safe here. I won't let anyone hurt you. I promise."

I nodded. "I know. Thank you. This is... a lot."

"I know."   

"Do you have any enemies?"

"Everyone has enemies, but we're too equipped for them to attempt to knock us down."

I walked to Kenji. "W-What happens if they try-"

"Nobody is going to hurt you."

"'Yeah, but they'll try to hurt you." I said, my voice raising. "And what happens then? You said you're gonna lead your father's business. Lead this. The mafia? An empire? I have a way out, but you don't."

"And I'm fine with it. They won't do shit to me, Xan. I was born into this. I'm gonna die into this. I'm okay with it."

I shook my head. "Fuck." I walked to one of the pocket knives and picked it up. "Have you ever..." I couldn't get the words out.   

"After my parents, I'm second in charge. I've seen some crazy shit. I've done some crazy shit. To protect myself and others. I have Xan."

"How old were you? ...When you first did it?"

"Fifteen."

I put the knife back, refusing to face Kenji. I stared at the weapons. I felt bad for him. He took someone's life away. Maybe he took a lot of people's lives away. I should've been scared of him, right? But there wasn't fear in one bone in my body. He saved me. I don't know the backstory of it. I couldn't judge him. Everyone had their demons.

Go to a group home. Be involved with people in the Mafia. Go to a group home. Be involved with someone in the Mafia. You have two choices, bitch. Choose!

Finally, I turned to face Kenji. I nodded my head. "Okay. I'm not gonna... leave. I'm gonna stay with you and your-'' I swallowed. "Family whose-" I sighed, gathering my thoughts for a few seconds. "I'm okay with it. This doesn't change anything." I was panicking inside.

Oh, lemme just sit my ass down and lie next to Kenji Suzuki, son of a big in powered mafia boss. Have I lost my fucking mind?

No seriously, I needed to be in a mental asylum for agreeing with that shit.

Kenji nodded his head and stepped closer to me. He lifted my chin up and pressed his lips against mine. "I'm glad you agreed. Really glad."