Chapter 4

After what happened with Sirius Kaitlin went and hid in the library until dinner she kept to herself as usual and only spoke or Sage.

A few days later her mother found out. She don't know how but she found out and was angry that she told someone that she went to the castle walking to her classroom. She so happened to have James at the moment.

She opened the door as everyone turned and looked at her as Kaitlin shrunk in her seat. "What is the point of this." James asked noticing her panic. "I need my daughter Kaitlin." She said. "Kaitlin come now we've got to have a chat." Dawn said as she quickly got up and walked over to her walking out as she shut the door behind them. "Continue working I'll be right back." James said.

"You told someone." Dawn said immediately holding her wrist tightly more likely forming a bruise. "No mother I did not." She said immediately. "Don't lie to me Kaitlin." Dawn said dragging her off. "Owe mother stop it hurts." She said trying to get her hand out of her grip. "Who did you tell Kaitlin tell me or I'll get Sage." She said as Kaitlin's eyes widened.

"Professor Black please don't go after Sage she didn't do anything mother." She said as Dawn let go of her as she held her wrist. "That's what I like to hear now what did you tell him." Dawn said tapping her foot impatiently. "N-Nothing." She said stuttering.

"Don't lie to me Kaitlin." Dawn said smacking her as nobody was near them. She placed her hand on her cheek as it sting. "N-Nothing I told him about Jaxon and Nick that's all." She said raising her arms covering her face. "Kaitlin." She heard her name from behind her causing her to turn around.

She stayed quiet as Dawn placed her hands on her shoulders squeezing it tightly hurting her. "It's rude not to answer your Professor Kaitlin." Dawn told her. "Y-Yes Professor." She said not looking up knowing her cheek is red. "Is everything alright." He asked her.

"Everything's fine Mr.Potter." Dawn said. "Kaitlin why don't you pack up your stuff and have the rest of the day off today." James told her. "She can't she needs to study." Dawn spoke up. "Study for what she doesn't have NEWTS exams yet so I think she's fine to have the rest of the day off." He said as she held on tighter to her shoulders her fingernails digging into her skin.

"Mother I must get back to class can I be excused." She said still not looking up. "Go and we'll speak about this when you get home from break." Dawn said as she quickly walked off but not back to the classroom off to her dorm.

"Dawn." "Potter." She said back. "When we're you going to tell me." He said as she rolled her eyes. "Tell you what." She said. "That Kaitlin is my daughter." He said as her eyes widened a little bit. "No she's not." Dawn immediately said. "But your wrong I have a DNA test proving you wrong she is mine." He said.

"Well she's not your daughter." Dawn said. "Yeah she is and if you don't want me to report you of abusing your kids you'll leave and leave Kaitlin alone." He said as she stayed quiet. "Fine." She said "Who even let you in." He asked. She said nothing and left. "When we're you gonna tell me." Lily said behind him.

He turned around and stared at her. "I was I just didn't know how to tell you." He told her honestly. "It was when we went on that break I didn't even know until I got the test results back yesterday I have a theory and it just got proved it was correct." He told her. "Does she abuse her kids." Lily asked as he sighed.

"Yes she does." James told her. "James we have to get them out of the house it's not safe for her or her little sister." Lily said as her mother instincts kicked in. "Lily-James they can't stay in that house especially if she's abusing them." She said quietly. "I know and they won't I'm gonna talk to Kaitlin and explain everything to her." He said.

"James I don't want them going home to that house." Lily told him. "Where else are they suppose to go then." He said. "Ours they can come stay with us she is your daughter after all and it'd get them away from that house her." She said as he sighed. "Fine yeah I'll speak to her and ask her about if she wants to." He told her as she nodded her head and they walked back to his classroom. They walked in but didn't see her but her stuff was still their and class was about to end. "Harry come here." James said as he walked over.

"What's up." "Who's roommates with Kaitlin." Lily asked. "Hermione Lia and I think Ginny along with Hope." He told them. "Well can you tell the girls to give Kaitlin her stuff please and to come and see me." James said handing him her stuff as he nodded his head.

"Got it I will tell the girls." He said before walking off.

He found the girls in the common room seeing as they only had two classes today. "Who's roommates with Martel." He said as they looked at him. "We are Harry." Lia told him as he walked over to her. "Can you give Martel her stuff and tell her my dad is calling her." Harry said handing Lia the stuff and she nodded her head and walked up to their dorm.

She walked in hearing some sniffling. "Kaitlin." She said looking around not seeing her on her bed. "Kaitlin you in here." She said. "Give me a minute." Kaitlin said from the bathroom. "K." Lia said sitting down on her bed looking at the sketch's on her book.

She heard the door open and stood up. "Harry told me to give this to you and to tell you his dad is calling you." Lia told her as she nodded her head. "Are you ok." Lia asked noticing she was crying. She nodded her head in response as she sighed. "If you ever want to speak with anyone I'm here." Lia said handing her stuff to her.

"Thank you." Kaitlin mumbled as Lia heard her and nodded her head. Lia walked out shutting the door as Kaitlin put her stuff away and changed into regular clothes. It was a mini skirt and a black tee and left her hair the way it is. She grabbed her sketch pad and bag and a coat and walked down to the common room.

"Martel my dad is calling you." Harry said stopping her as she nodded her head not looking up. "It's kinda cold out suggest putting a sweater on or something." Enzo said as she nodded her head and walked out. She walked to his office knocking on the door. "Come in." She heard and walked in staying by the door.

"Kaitlin come in come in shut the door behind you." James said as she did what she was told and stood next to a chair. "Sit sit." Lily told as she hesitantly sat down. "I'm I in trouble Professor for leaving class because if I am I-I can make up the work I can promise you that-No your not." James said cutting her off.

"If you don't me asking sir why have you called me." She asked hoping he wouldn't get mad. "Well because I've was informed yesterday about your father." He said as her face went paler. "I-I-s he ok did something happen to him." She asked.

"He's alright but-But what is he ok." She asked cutting him off as she quickly slapped her hand over her mouth. "I'm so sorry I didn't mean to interrupt you." She said immediately staring down as his jaw clenched mad at her parents. "It's alright Kaitlin he's ok but your father isn't really your biological father." He said.

"I know." She mumbled but they still heard her. "What do you mean." James asked. "I kinda figured it out my own seeing as I really didn't look much like my other siblings they have blues eyes I have brown their tan I'm pale they have black hair mine is brown and I'm the only one who wears glasses outta my whole family nobody has ever needed glasses except me and my father didn't even bother to hide the fact either."

She said as Lily sat down next to her. "Do you know who your biological father is." Lily asked as she shook her head no. "Do you want to know who he is." James asked nervously. "Kinda." She said not looking at them.

Lily gave James a nod before he spoke. "I'm your biological father Kaitlin." He said as she stayed quiet. "What." She said looking up at him. "I'm your dad." He said. "I've um gotta go." She said standing up quickly grabbing her stuff. "Kaitlin-I've gotta go Professor." She said rushing out the office as James sighed. "That went better then expected." Sirius said as James rolled his eyes.