7:00 p.m.

The sound of a horn blared loudly all over the halls. I wasn't sure where it came from, but it was deafeningly loud. A pop of static followed afterwards.

"It is night. The wolves are free," announced a masked voice, and that was it. 'The wolves are free.' I still didn't know what that meant but I doubted that it was anything good. 

Alone, I stood in front of the boarded window, looking out into the horizon and watching the last bit of daylight escaping. At the moment, I didn't think about the voice, I didn't think about the wolves. The only things I thought about were the casualties.

Destiny and Roberto are dead. Daniel lost or is losing his sanity, and I feel like Brian is close behind him. Tomas and Desire were left broken by the deaths of their siblings. Was there anything else we could do to escape from here?

No, there wasn't. There never was. We were clinging onto false hope the whole time, and I bet the wolves loved every single second of it. I felt the bump of the knife against my pocket. At least when it comes down to it, I have a way to defend myself. There was no way in hell that I was going to die in here. There was still a lot for me to do, and I couldn't believe it took an experience like this to make me want to achieve them.

For one, I wanted to start my own family. I was never in a rush, but now I feel like I'm too late. Did I wait too long? Was this my punishment? No, that would be selfish thinking. It wasn't just me here. Everyone else here is suffering also, but why choose us I wonder. Did we all do something to get into this mess, or was it just by some random choosing?

I sat against the wall, beneath the opened window. The halls were dim as I looked around. There were no sounds, no movements. Though I was by myself, I didn't care anymore. My headache reached an all-time high from all the worrying and thinking, and I didn't want to worry or think anymore.

I rubbed my temples in order to relieve part of my headache. I leaned my head back on the wall and closed my eyes.