XXIV

"It's time for us to have a meeting," the Doctor said.

"I don't see why we need to seperate time out to have a meeting," Foreman said. "There are only three of us within the TARDIS, and that means almost every time we speak together it's like a meeting."

"This time is different," replied the Doctor. "This time we need to make sure we are focused and together, or otherwise we might end up losing track of what happens."

"I agree, we need to simply speak with one another in an organised manner," Susan said, giving a small smile towards her father as if it were a consolation prize. "Just because we're speaking to one another within the same room doesn't mean it's organised properly, no?"

"I suppose you're right," Foreman replied. The main reason he was budging was because he wanted to make sure he could please his daughter. At the moment, he didn't care quite as much about what the Doctor thought about what was happening. He would much rather see her smile and wait for the Doctor to care.

"Are we all ready to begin speaking now?" the Doctor asked. "I assume there won't be any more problems now that we have cleared that..."

"Of course not," Foreman quickly added in, knowing that he'd already managed to make a wrong turn when it came to saying such a thing out loud. Regardless of this dilemma, he would do his best to take part in this "meeting." Even if the said "meeting" seemed somewhat unecessary when it came around to it. There was not much else to say.

"So, Grandfather, you must have a reason for calling a meeting."

"Of course, Susan. I always have some portion of a plan in my mind, you see."

"And what would that be?" Susan asked.

"We've been messing around apart for far too long, and we keep messing about," the Doctor said. "You may make the argument that we have infinite time to find Gallifrey, but that doesn't mean that we should procastinate."

"I agree," Susan said, a delicate smile perched across her lips. "There's no reason to wait any longer to get to our home. I miss that planet...we all do, I'm sure."

"I'm sure," Foreman echoed. And, of course, the words coming from his mouth were barely like the words he had within his head. In a way he did miss Gallifrey, but he knew it wasn't a thing like what the Doctor or Susan was going through.

He knew it was their home. They considered it home even though they'd been separated from it for quite a long while. Now they were biting and clawing their way back to it, trying to return through whatever means they could grab hold of. They didn't just want to get back "home" - they needed to.

Where was home, anyways? Foreman hadn't been on Gallifrey for hundreds of years - even if he had grown up there, but it didn't make it home to him any longer. There were so many elements of the place that he'd forgotten. As much as he claimed he could remember it, at the end of the day he felt as if it was almost entirely out of his grasp.

He might as well have read about Gallifrey in a book, because in these moments it certainly felt as if he had never actually managed to get to such a place. It didn't feel as if it had ever been a part of his life, just a distant memory that he barey knew well enough to miss in any way. Regardless, he was expected to keep reaching out and hopefully catch it again.

These were the reasons why he felt as if he didn't quite belong within the TARDIS, as he no longer fully agreed with the ideas that were pushing them onwards throughout it all. No, he didn't find any way to agree with his father in law, nor with his daughter. He felt far guiltier about the latter part, of course.

Foreman loathed to look out and see that his daughter was pushing away from him, laughing and grinning all the way. She'd learned so much about her past, and yet things didn't seem to add up when it came around to it. Foreman didn't wish to delve too deeply into this particular idea, but he refused to simply let it float about.