Chapter 15

*not my art*

Third Person POVIn the hospital waiting room

Third Person POV
In the hospital waiting room

Takemitchy, Hinata, and Emma were in the waiting room, speaking with the doctor.

"Both patients are in critical condition. Don't get your hopes up." The doctor said to the group before walking into the operating room.

"TAKEMITCHY!!"

Takemichi turned around to see Aiko sprinting toward him.

"How are they?! What did the doctor say!?" she yelled.

"Aiko... he said they might not make it..." Takemichi said in a low voice.

"What? They're stronger than that, right Mikey?" she grinned.

Takemitchy looked behind her and saw Mikey walking up slowly.

"Yeah, Ken-chin isn't that weak, he wouldn't go back on his promise either. Sakura is too strong to be killed by a single blade. They'll be up in no time." he said smiling at everyone.

"Promise?" Takemichi muttered.

"He promised me that we'd own the whole country together!" Mikey replied.

Aiko started laughing, "Ha! You can try but me and Sakura are gonna achieve that first!"

Takemichi couldn't believe it. Both of their best friends are on the verge of death and they're making jokes?! (A/N: ngl i'd probably do the same)

Though he couldn't deny it, the waiting felt a lot less tense once they arrived. Everyone sat down and began to wait.

A few hours later...

The "Now Operating" sign flickered off.

Everyone stood up nervously waiting for the news, though some hid their worry behind smiles.

"The operation... was a success."

"FUCK... YEAHHHHHHHH!" Takemichi yelled, overjoyed.

Everyone was busy celebrating they didn't realize two people slipping away.

Aiko left the hospital and finally let out the tears she was holding in, leaning on a wall, feeling overwhelmed with exhaustion and pain. Her ears started ringing painfully because of stress when she heard that Sakura was seriously injured. She hasn't been able to hear anybody or anything clearly the whole time.

"Sakura... please don't scare me like that ever again. I can't lose you too," she whispered out into the open air. Unaware that Takemitchy was following her the whole time.

Haruno Sakura POV

It's been two weeks since the fight and a week since I've been released from the hospital. Sometimes if I move too quickly, the area where I got stabbed hurts but other than that I'm perfectly fine.

I'm currently on my way to the shop to check on how it's been running since I was absent. I don't think I've ever been away from the shop for more than a few days, even when it was Shinichiro's I'd always be in there fixing some bike part.

I also wanted to give Emiko and Haru the day off since they've been working non-stop in my place. As I'm unlocking the front door memories popped up of all the times I opened up with Shinichiro in the early hours of dawn. I was at my happiest back then. Even if I was living paycheck to paycheck, barely getting by.

I'm in the back, getting the shop ready for opening when I hear the front bell ring. I walk up front, ready to tell whoever came through that we weren't open yet until I saw who it was.

"Mikey? What are you doing here?" I asked, bewildered. In all my years of working here, Mikey has never come in.

"Sakura? Wait do you work here?" Mikey asked, ignoring my question.

"Yeah, I own this shop," I replied, now confused about how he didn't know this.

"What are you talking about? My grandpa owns this shop."

Oh, it looks like nobody told him about the agreement we have going on.

"Your grandpa does legally own it, but I'm the unofficial owner. He's just keeping the title until I turn 18 and can legally have the shop in my name since Shinichiro left it for me." I explained to him.

He frowned a bit at hearing me say Shinichiro's name. "Left it for you? You knew Shinichiro before he died?"

"Yeah, he saved me. I was recently kicked out of the orphanage not long before I met Shinichiro. I was sitting in an alley looking at a newspaper, trying to find places that would hire 13-year-olds when he walked past and saw me. He came up and asked me a few questions before hiring me as his assistant. He let me sleep in the shop until I had saved up enough to rent my own apartment. Before he died, he was like an older brother to me. The family I never had." I said while smiling, remembering all the memories I made with Shinichiro.

When I turned to Mikey I saw that he had tears in his eyes. My eyes softened, he really is just a kid.

"Mikey it's still okay to cry. Even if it's been a long time since he died it's always good to not bottle up your emotions." I said softly, watching as Mikey silently started to cry.

I motioned for him to sit down next to me and for the rest of the day, we shared stories about Shinichiro and bonded over him. I started to see Mikey as the little brother I never had but always wanted.