Chapter 33

"formal"

Andrew's POV

Andrew's POV

"You think I should ask her to formal?" I asked Hales as we walked along the sidewalk of the school. She looks at me with a shocked expression. "You don't think I should?" I tilt my head to her.

Which made her try to find the words to answer. "No, no it's not that, it's just I don't want you to get hurt. I mean I care for Brooke very much but it just seems like she's in the position to hurt you. I mean look at what happened at dare night. You didn't talk to us for like a week." she tries to point out.

"Okay I understand your point but that wasn't the reason why I was ignoring you guys," I told her which made her look at me more with a curious look. "So should I ask her out or not?" Trying to stir away from the last sentence.

"Ask who out?" Lucas asked as he caught up to the two.

Before I could even get a proper lie to escape a very awkward conversation; Haley blurted out, "Theresa, He's planning on asking out Theresa."

"Oh, don't know her that well but-

"Theresa?" A voice interrupted which made my eyes go wide before we turn to an enraged Brooke Davis. "You're asking her out to the formal?"

Of course, Brooke has to hear that. What a wonderful coincidence.

"Ugh, it doesn't matter anyways. Bye Haley." As Brooke stormed off, "Theresa!" I heard as she turned the corner. Which left me looking back at the ground once again and Haley just looking at me with a sorry expression while Lucas was left confused.

"Uhm well, I'm gonna go now. Catch y'all later." He said with a small smile before walking away as he caught sight of Anna.

Once he was far enough, I turned to Haley. "What the hell was that? 'Theresa' really, I could come up with a better lie than that."

"I'm sorry, but how was I supposed to know she was right behind us." Trying to get her point across. "Also, I didn't just throw you at a random girl. Word on the block is that Theresa has been talking about the chance of the one and only asking her out as his date," she told me. "And by the way, Theresa is walking over here so I think she heard the news. Okay bye, Andy!" Throwing the nickname she came up with when we were kids out there before leaving too.

"So you're taking me to the formal?" She exclaimed right when she stood in front of me.

How in the hell do you tell a person that you don't want to take them as a date?