chapter. 3 - anger-filled apple pies

The whole night even when they arrived home and Keo was finally tucked in, Y/N lay awake under the pale moonlight that dimmed into her room.  She wasn't a very fearful person. If she ever had fears it was understandable. But this one?

This one is scarring her. The woman didn't know why an opening to a wall, cracks in a house she doesn't own and a short earthquake would make such an impact to her. She definitely doesn't want her son to sense her worrying this much again so she tried her all to shake off all the thoughts. But as she did, another thought entered her mind. Mirabel. Y/N sat up, concluding that she definitely wouldn't be getting sleep tonight. Hands shaking, she aggressively took a mug and hot choco out of the cupboard and prepared herself hot water. As she was pouring it into her mug she paused, then finally she groaned, slamming the jug on the table as she marched outside.

" Alright chuck show yourself! I've had enough with you spying on me and my son!" she shouted. The villagers couldn't possibly hear her since her house was far away anyway. Dolores would probably hear, but none of that mattered. She was pissed.  With hands on her hips she tried one of Pepa's breathing practices and sighed. This was making her insane. Too much to be considered normal. " I have to go to bed." she breathed, walking back in her house.

゚.*・。゚

Y/N didn't sleep. At all. As expected. She cooked breakfast, prepared Keo a bath, prepared Keo's clothes and everything, taking a shower herself, but this time she did everything in a rather slow pace. Keo seemed to notice his mother's behaviour but he pushed it away immediately when he saw his mother smile at him as she exited the door. " Are you ready for another day hun?" she asked him with a grin. He smiled back. " Yes definitely!"

All the worry and lack of sleep she experienced last night seemed to have faded away once she entered town with her son. Doing their usual routine, Y/N dragged Keo the supermarket for a while, letting Keo pick all the fruits he wanted, and oh boy the kid really liked grapes. When they arrived back home, she made two apple pies to give as a present to the Madrigals, mostly Pepa but they don't know that. There were a few times Y/N and Keo would play around with the flour, mother and son chasing each other with white powder on their faces. Both of them taking samples of the cut apple pieces before Y/N forced herself and Keo to stop because they might run out of ingredients. After all, what is apple pie without apples? As the pie baked, she wiped off the powder off the boy's face, while he meanwhile dusted off his mother's hair. Y/N smiled warmly, he was as sweet as her big sister, his true mom. She can't help but feel guilty having moments like these with him because this was what her sister wanted. But then she remembered, she trusted her to raise her boy. So she is definitely going to fulfill that for her.

" Mama ... I've been wondering." Keo started, having a toothed grin on his little face. Y/N raised a brow. " Yes? What is it mijo?"

" Will you ever marry? I kindaaa want ... a dad." He mumbled, giggling as he watched Y/N turn red.

" W-Well! Mama's not really good with romance and-" she stuttered before the oven finally dinged. She sighed, what a life saver. She didn't wanna expose herself to Keo that much. That would be embarrassing. " There it is!" she exclaimed. " Are the boxes ready, Keo?". The little boy took out two purple boxes with white ribbons on the top and raised it up. " Yes!!". Y/N and Keo placed the pies in the boxes, savouring the last waft of delicious apple sent before finally closing it with the lid.

" Are we gonna visit Antonio again?" Keo asked expectedly. She smiled. " Why of course, who else are these pies for?" she asked. Keo pouted. " Aww I thought it was for both of us~". Y/N laughed before pulling him into a tight embrace. " You're so cute Keo! And don't worry, Mama's gonna cook more pies once we come home."