chapter. 9 - the warmth under cold water

゚.*・。゚

It has been 2 months since the miracle incident happened. Another afternoon arrived on a fine Tuesday and Y/N was at the far corners in the library. For the past month she took an interest in the place, finds it kind of relaxing. And the books there also carried stories she was interested in. Full of [your fav genre :D] books, there was even a whole section dedicated to it and upon seeing it for the first time she perked up, and the main librarian noticed. 2 weeks later and she worked there now, taking the early morning to evening shift. Mirabel frequently visited her, it was actually more than frequent because she always has something to tell to Y/N everytime her mother is busy.

The other day she told her about how Camilo almost killed one of Bruno's rats in the middle of the night. The whole family, especially Dolores, woke up to his shrieks in the kitchen and Bruno was the first one to see the situation. " Tio Bruno had tears in his eyes. I could tell he was trying not to cry." Mirabel said.

Y/N snorted at the memory before returning to the lobby desk. The bells near the door jingled and thinking it was Mirabel, she turned around and leaned on the edge of the corner. " I'm guessing you have more stories to tell?" the woman joked, not looking up from the books she got. " Hmm? Stories?" a voice coming from Bruno said in front of her. Y/N flinched. " Oh Jesus-" she spat out in shock, holding her hand on her chest.

She heard him laugh and glared at him.
" Good afternoon too Y/N." He replied, giving her a warm smile. Y/N's frown disappeared, she can't stay mad at him after all. She cupped his left cheek and landed a kiss on the other, making his face burn. After 2 months of being together he still wasn't used to her affection. " What brings you here? You don't usually visit at this hour." Y/N brought up. He shrugged. " I just wanted to see you." he lied. And of course she saw through him.

" Something's wrong. I can feel it."

Bruno sighed. " Yes there is." he admitted. Y/N faced her back towards him placing some of the returned books into a basket on the shelf. " Is it about the rat last night?" she joked, stifling a chuckle. He looked at her with wide eyes. " Wait how do you know?" he asked, dumbfounded. But Y/N just laughed, and he immediately knew. " Mirabel that child." he said under his breath, pinching the bridge of his nose. " Well you know, she loves telling me stories." Y/N said, defending the teenage girl. " Well that's ... really not what I was sad about.." Bruno said, changing the subject. Y/N stopped her worl for a moment before turning back at him with a concerned look. " Is it serious? Did something happen back home again? Did they say something about you?" Y/N immediately bombarded him with questions.

" What? No! No! It's nothing like that it's just.." he turned away. " I realized I never took you in a proper er...date." his voice slowly got softer at the end of his sentence, and Y/N didn't seem to catch it.

" A proper...?" she asked. " Date." Bruno finally said out loud. " I wanna take you out on a date."

Y/N blushed at his gesture. He never really asked her out out LOUD if you get what I mean. They mostly bump to each other in the street and end up talking for hours. Y/N visits his house and they hang out on the roof for hours too. They loved talking to each other and it showed. But sometimes they still were too shy to speak actual romantic words and do romantic gestures towards each other in fear that it might be either wrong or cause something awkward between them. " I'm free at 7:00 PM if you'd like." Y/N finally said after a long period of silence. He looked up. " Really?"

Y/N covered her mouth and snorted.
" Really? You're asking me ' really', mi amor?". He turned pink. " Yeah okay that didn't make sense." Bruno said, also laughing.

" So where do we meet up?". she asked, eagerly leaning in over the counter and getting closer to his face. Bruno took two tiny steps back and averted his eyes elsewhere. " U-Uh- I can just come back outside the library and wait." he suggested before he got another kiss from her on his forehead. " Okay! Now go, I need to work." Y/N ruffled his hair the way she does with Keo and walked away, leaving him on the counter.