Gabriel- Chances pt 2

It had been about a week since Gabriel had moved in with you and your brothers, and you still got flustered whenever you were around him.

You'd lay awake the past few nights wondering what you were feeling. You hadn't told your brothers because they'd kill Gabriel if they found out. You had lay there thinking over what was happening, and what to do about it.

Tonight was no different than any of the others. You were laying wide awake in your brother's bed (Dean had taken the floor so you could have a decent bed) thinking of random things.

Usually you would think of things to distract you from Gabriel until you fell asleep, but tonight you couldn't sleep no matter how hard you tried.

It was almost midnight and you'd been in bed for hours, but you couldn't fall asleep.

Finally you gave up on trying to sleep, and went to the kitchen to make yourself some hot tea. You made yourself a mug,  walked out onto the back porch, and sat down in one of the chairs.

You pulled your legs up underneath you, and you gazed at the stars above you. You closed your eyes, and sighed contentedly as a breeze blew through your hair.

You jumped when you heard the back door creak open, but settled back down when you realized who it was.

"Gabriel." You greeted the angel with a smile, "Why are you out here?"

"I don't sleep, and I heard you get up so I thought I'd join you, and keep you company." He explained with a small grin.

"Oh. I forgot." You said more to yourself then to him. "Well come sit." You have him a nervous smile as he walked over to the chair beside you.

He sat down, and looked up.

"They're beautiful aren't they?" You asked quietly as you both admired the sky.

He didn't respond for a moment, but then he snapped back to reality. "Oh yeah. They're gorgeous."

You sat there in silence for a few minutes, and then you began to ask him a question.

"So why don't my brothers like you? If you don't mind my asking of course..." You quickly added to not seem too rude.

"Oh it's fine." He smiled with a small laugh, "I really don't know. I mean I've played a few mean tricks on them, but not to the extent that you should be cut off from talking to me."

"I don't think that's why they don't want me around you...." You whispered shyly as you stood and leaned forward against the porch railing.

Gabriel looked at you thoughtfully, and then stood. "Ah I see."

He walked over to you and leaned against the railing beside you.

"I'll explain." He looked a little vulnerable the moment he started to speak. "I've been known to be a little... how do I put it...flirtatious, to put it as lightly as possible. Your brothers just don't want you to get hurt, and I get that." He sighed.

You could've sworn that there was a hint of hurt in his voice.

He looked from you to the sky. "And they're probably smart to keep you away from me. I've hurt people." 

You turned around, and set your tea down. You turned back around to face Gabriel, and walked over closer to him. You put your hand over his and gave it an affectionate squeeze.

"I don't believe that." You whispered as you watched his face.

Gabriel turned around quickly to face you. "What?"

"I said I don't believe that." You repeated.

Gabriel looked at your face for any trace of a lie, but found none. He grabbed both of your hands and looked you in the eyes.

"You mean that y/n?" He asked quietly, almost like he was afraid of your answer.

"Yes. I really do Gabriel." You replied as you looked down at your hands in his.

Gabriel let go of one of your hands to put his under your chin.

"Here we go again." You thought to yourself as he looked deep into your eyes.

Your heartbeat picked up, and your breathing became shaky again. Gabriel leaned in closer to you, and was about to place his lips on yours when he stopped quickly.

"Are you sure about this?" He whispered, hovering over your lips.

You gave a small nod, and that was all he needed. He didn't hesitate after that to press his lips firmly onto yours. Your eyes fluttered closed, and both your arms went around his neck.

His arms wrapped around your waist, and pulled you into him. Your lips moved in sync as you deepened the kiss.

Finally after a couple of minutes you parted from Gabriel's lips. You put your forehead to his, and closed your eyes. Your breathing evened out once you'd calmed down, and you stood in Gabriel's arms for a few minutes, hearts beating in the same time.

Gabriel brushed his lips over yours and whispered, "I want you to give me a chance..."

"And I want to give you that chance." You whispered as he kissed your nose.

You opened your eyes, and looked into Gabriel's eyes.

"Thank you." He whispered.

"For what?" You asked as you ran your fingers gently along his chest.

"For letting me prove that I'm not always using girls to get things."

You leaned in and kissed him softly on the lips again. "Everyone deserves a chance."

Gabriel kissed your forehead, and in a moment you were both standing in your room. You grabbed his hand and drug him over to the bed. He lay underneath the covers, and you climbed in right next to him. You put your head onto his firm chest, and closed your eyes.

Gabriel kissed the top of your head and put his arms securely around you.

"Goodnight Gabriel." You whispered before sleep took you.

"Goodnight beautiful." Gabriel replied shortly before he kissed your head again.