02 | ESQUELETO

HALLOWEEN WAS APPROACHING and with that so was the Halloween dance

HALLOWEEN WAS APPROACHING and with that so was the Halloween dance. It was an opportunity for the pupils of West Valley High to dress up and was considered by far one of the most popular social events. This is why everyone from the social rejects to the popular kids were excited for the event, everyone except Y/N.

She didn't seem to care much about social events, she felt as if it were pointless to conform to social expectations of women and dress up to impress in whatever promiscuous outfit she was expected to wear by a man. Plus, she loved to oppose things, she found it fun to be difficult.

"So what are you dressing up as?" Eli questioned, this comment addressed at Demetri who had been avoiding this question.

"I can't tell you, it's a surprise." Demetri answered, taking a bite from his food. They were all currently at lunch, waiting for Miguel to arrive.

"Y/N?" He called, hoping she'd at least answer him.

"Hmm?" She said, her eyes glued to her phone. She was awaiting a text from her half brother, he had ditched school for a whole month and she was wondering if there was a possibility that they could both meet up and hopefully talk things through.

"What are you dressing up as?"

"She's not dressing up as anything, she doesn't go to the dance every year." Demetri responded, much to Y/N's dismay. The boy was always answering things for her as if he had figured her out, she wanted to prove to him that she wasn't as predictable as he thought.

"Actually, this year I'm planning on going." Once Y/N had said this, she received a particularly nasty look from Demetri and a small smile from Eli who looked quite content with the fact that she would be joining them.

That was when Miguel placed his lunch tray down on the table and sat down. There conversation resumed once more and Miguel informed both Eli and Demetri that he was planning on dressing up as Deadpool. This impressed both boys because not only did they love Marvel but Ryan Reynolds. I mean which straight boy didn't?

"So, Eli, what are you planning on dressing up as?" Before Eli had the opportunity to answer, he was interrupted by none other that counsellor Blatt, a woman who Y/N hated. She didn't know when to shut up and took many things way too far. She was sure the woman was racist too, but she didn't want to speculate.

With microphone in hand she entered the cafeteria, a smug smile on her face.

"Cyber bullying is no laughing matter. Sending a cruel message to someone online can be just as hurtful as saying it to their face." Counsellor Blatt began, "Now I'm not going to name names, but the other day a mother called me up because her son was crying after some kids online made fun of his facial deformity."